The Feelings

Unlike the earlier week, the weeks that followed had been much more pleasant. In fact, Jungkook and Taehyung had gotten a lot closer, to an extent where the two would always find each other stealing glances of one another and getting shy.

Something that had happened was that Taehyung's mind had net left the thought of Jungkook's lips. He would often find him day dreaming about Jungkook in classroom too. Despite being so close, he was far for Taehyung as they had strictly decided to follow the no talking in school rule. It felt absurd to Taehyung but he felt he must have had his reasons.

And being in his room, well that made things worse. He would think of Jungkook's hair, the way it increased his beauty, his tattoos- god damn those tattoos, his muscles which could easily crush stones, his abs- he was confident they were like that of a Greek god based on how he had held them when seated in the bike. The way he rode his bike.

"I am going to go crazy. Is my heart like a love engine that keeps liking people?" He pulled his own hair as he was working on his assignments. "Please keep me sane god" he said, more like prayed, not wanting to admit his feelings.

Even today when Taehyung was working at the community center, he was smiling to himself looking like the most love struck person and Nancy didn't fail to notice that.

"Looks like someone's in love." Nancy teased.

At this point, Taehyung didn't even want to push away the idea that he might have feelings for Jungkook. He was sure he liked him but he wasn't sure if it was love or just attraction.

"Jungkook sure must be getting a lot of hiccups." Nancy teased and before Taehyung could say anything, Nancy's eyes darted to the door.

"Speak of the devil and he's here." Nancy said and Taehyung looked around to see Jungkook.

Jungkook walked towards Taehyung and took a seat as he waved to Nancy. But before he could further speak, the loud noise coming from the roof top cut him.

"What's with the noise?" Jungkook asked.

"They are building a cement fence on the terrace above since the steel one had badly rusted. They are drilling the steel ones today and it's creating so much noise. But don't worry, they will stop the work in a while now."

Taehyung distributed the medicines to the people needing it while Jungkook helped the old ladies with their usual conversation.

As they were emerged in the conversation, Hosoek came in looking a little concerned.

"Tae, have you seen Peter? It's time for his medicine but I can't find him."

"He must be somewhere around. He was by the door a few minutes ago."

Peter who was 85 had gradually started to lose his vision and couldn't see things, almost blind. When Taehyung mentioned that he was by the door, Hosoek immediately panicked because Peter always enjoyed going to the terrace, the fresh feeling of air. And with the bars removed, his heart panicked.

"Shit Tae, what if he went up to the terrace?" Hosoek said nervously.

The workers had recently left so the probability that the door was open and Peter went in sacred them even more.

The three immediately rushed upstairs. When they saw the door open, their heart came out of their mouths, hoping Peter was safe and sound.

As they approached the terrace, they saw that Peter was standing awfully close to the end while not being aware that there was no fence in front. One more step and he would fall down. Hosoek and Taehyung panicked when Jungkook approached Peter. He figured that his voice might startle Peter make him turn around increasing the possibility of the slip. But then right when he was about to take a step close to Peter, Peter went forward and Hosoek and Taehyung felt their hearts pause.

But Jungkook acted fast and grabbed on to Peter, pulling him back which resulted in Peter falling on top of Jungkook who seemed to have fallen down on the pieces of bricks, left after the drilling.

Hosoek immediately reached to the two and lifted Peter while Taehyung rushed to Jungkook.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked, voice full of concern and panic, holding Jungkook by the shoulder.

Taehyung saw that Jungkook had scratches on his arms and his elbow had been cut badly.

"God, you are hurt Jungkook. Let's go to the infirmary." He said pulling Jungkook up.

Even though it hurt, the pain was bearable but what had Jungkook's attention occupied was how Taehyung looked as if he had come back from death.

Taehyung wanted to scold him for acting brave in such a risky situation but if Jungkook hadn't acted fast like that, god knows what would have happened to Peter. When the antiseptic hit the wound, Jungkook hissed with the pain.

"Owow" he said.

"I am so sorry." Taehyung said, blowing air to the wound, looking worried as if he had stabbed a knife.

When the dressing was done, Taehyung tried to see if Jungkook had any other injuries and he was hustling so much that Jungkook grabbed his wrists and made him sit in front of him.

"I am fine Tae, trust me." Jungkook said, with a warm smile.

"I can't imagine what I would have done had something happened to you." Taehyung spoke worriedly.

Jungkook who was trying to lighten the mood then teased, "I guess you don't care about Peter at all. He will be thrilled to hear this."

"Shut up." He said, hitting Jungkook's chest lightly.

"Ouch" Jungkook acted hurt and Taehyung immediately stood up again to see if he had an injury there.

"Yo yo, what are you trying to do?" Jungkook panicked when Taehyung tried to open his shirt.

Taehyung was standing in between Jungkook's leg who was seated in the stool. He tried to see if there was an actual injury.

"I was kidding. There's nothing there" Jungkook suppressed his smile and Taehyung hit him again.

It was only then the two realized how close they were. Taehyung who had been dreaming a little or more about kissing Jungkook felt this sudden boldness cloud his mind when he moved his hands and placed them on Jungkook's shoulders.

Jungkook was full blown panicking at these position because last time he had tried to kiss the boy, he had crossed a boundary that wasn't acceptable in friendship. He let his hands fall down so he wouldn't be touching Taehyung.

Taehyung could see the dilemma in Jungkook's eyes and hands so, he decided to take the lead and he leaned close. It was now that he was sure that he had feelings for Jungkook and it wasn't a crush or infatuation. It was legit feelings.

He leaned in, his breath lightly hitting Jungkook's lips and right when he was about to touch their lips, Hosoek came in.

"Are you ok—Jesus sorry." Hoseok said, having interrupted their moment. Taehyung automatically retracted his hands while Jungkook stood up, not knowing what to do next.

"I will go see if Peter needs anything." Taehyung said and balled out of the room.

"Uhmmmm, I will see if Nancy needs anything" Jungkook said and stepped out of the room.

Hosoek felt guilty but at the same time amused by the situation. It was awfully clear that the two had feelings and it was about time they expressed it. "These kids" he chuckled and stepped out in the hall too.