Sweet Night

Ever since being a kid, Taehyung has never spent a day alone at his place. It would always be his parents or either Jimin or his doggy Yeontan. But his parents had left Yeontan at a relative's one week prior to the trip. He wasn't really bothered with the idea of staying alone but the fact that he had watched a horror movie only two days ago didn't make things any better. He kept looking around the windows to decrease the possibility of seeing anything. But imagine if he did see something. Last time to recover from the horror of watching a horror movie, he asked his Jimin to come over to sleep for a week. And Jimin wasn't there today.

Hé fidgeted around the house for a while and quickly had dinner. He took his meds and got into bed by 8. Oddly, he enjoyed Jungkook's company and as much as he hated to admit it, he missed it too. He thought he would take his meds well. As he was pouring his liquid med, he accidentally drop it on his clothes which he knew would leave a big stain. He hurriedly went to wash it in the bathroom but it got sticky in his skin, so he decided to wash his body. He locked the door and was washing it.

He came out half an hour later and right when he saw that there was a figure near his door. As the lights were off, he could only see the shadow and seeing the open window, he was sure that a their had broken in. Right when he was about to shout out at the top of his lungs, the figure came into room and covered his mouth. The sudden force made Taehyung loose his balance and he fell on the mattress with the the figure falling on top of him. Taehyung tried to scream louder but the masked man put pressure which resulted Taehyung to bite his finger.

"Ouccch Tae" Jungkook said, removing his mask.

"Jungkook!!!!" Taehyung gasped, looking at the man hovering over his body.

"What the hell shorty? Why did you bite me?"

"What did you expect idiot? You sneaked into my room through the window like a thief and expected me to welcome you well?" He shot back.

"Well, I called up and you didn't receive. So I came over to the door and rang it, but you didn't respond. So, I got scared if you had fainted again. And I got into through the window."

Taehyung was literally shocked. First of all, he was touched that the boy cared for him to that extent and second, how did he manage to climb on to the second floor.

Lost in their own thoughts, they didn't realize the awkward position they were in. And Jungkook on the other hand was fondly admiring the beauty up front.

Their awkward stare was broken when Jungkook's phone rang and he bolted up.

"Yes ma." He said, receiving his mother's call.

"I drove over to my friend's house. He seems fine. I will get there in a while. Don't worry." He told her.

They both awkwardly sat on the edge of the bed and Taehyung spoke first.

"So what brought you here?" He asked nervously, not looking at the boy.

"I told my ma that a friend had food poisoning and she sent over some dishes. I know the porridge was very bland so I thought you would enjoy something different."

Jungkook's actions were doing something to Taehyung and he didn't like them one bit.

"But now that I can see you are fine, I think I will leave. It's already 9 too." He said getting up from the bed.

"Can you stay?" Taehyung asked, barely audible, as he wasn't sure if it was a good request.

Jungkook paused and looked around at the boy, whose eyes were looking down.

"Are you scared Shorty?" Jungkook asked and bent down in front of Taehyung, who tried to avoid the eye contact.

"What is the benefit for me?" Jungkook teased.

"Fine, don't stay" Taehyung tried to stand but Jungkook grabbed his wrist and made him sit again.

"I will stay. But I have one condition." Jungkook smiled.

"Why do always have conditions?" Taehyung asked annoyed.

"Take it or leave it." Jungkook raised his brows.

"Okay."

"Tomorrow, you will go on a picnic with me. Deal?" Jungkook asked expectantly.

Taehyung went wide eyed since Jungkook was taking him out again. But was he more horrified of sleeping alone than that, yes. So after a while he agreed.

"Alright then, I will freshen up and we can sleep together." Jungkook teased again.

Taehyung wanted to correct him but the thing was, he did want to sleep with him. Having Jungkook stay and sleep in another room was pointless and the couch would be too uncomfortable for him. So, he was only left with that option. He picked some clothes for Jungkook and handed him over.

Jungkook freshened up and came out, with a tired smile. Taehyung was already tucked in bed. When he saw Jungkook approaching, he lied down and turned opposite, so he wouldn't face Jungkook.

Jungkook obviously found the boy's action endearing and smiled getting into the bed. He was aware that Taehyung was still frightened so he left the bed lamp on.

For a few minutes, the both were silent but then when Jungkook couldn't sleep, he called for Taehyung.

"Tae, are you asleep?"

Taehyung who was fully awake, replied with a "Yes."

Jungkook chuckled again and spoke, "Let's talk. I can't fall asleep."

Taehyung hesitated for a while and slowly turned around, looking at the boy who was fondly looking at him. They kept staring at each other when Jungkook asked a question.

"Since when did you start liking our teacher Tae?" He asked seriously.

Taehyung thought for a while and answered, "it's been a couple of months I guess."

"And the age doesn't bother you?"

"He's around 24 Jungkook. He's quite young but I guess because he's smart, he's qualified."

"What do you like about him?"

"For starters, he's not judgemental. I know I am not a very hardworking student but he appreciates individual aspects of all students. He's very respectful, charming and makes me want to do better at what I do."

"Hmmm. And you were planning to confess to him tomorrow on Valentine's Day?" Jungkook asked.

"Well, that was the original plan. But it's no use now."

"You told me you wrote a song for him. If you don't mind, can I listen to it?"

Taehyung wasn't confident about his vocals or the words but given how Jungkook had been so considerate towards him, he felt the need to do so.

"Alright, but you have to close your eyes. I feel embarrassed otherwise."

Jungkook lazily smiled and nodded his head, closing his eyes.

Taehyung cleared his throat and sang,

On my pillow, can't get me tired,
Sharing my fragile truth, that i still hope the door is open,
Cuz the window, opened one time with you and me,
Now my forever's falling down, wondering if you'd want me now,
How could I know, one day I'd wake up feeling more, like I had had already reached the shore,
Guess we were ships in the night, night, night

As the song went on, the beautiful voice echoed in the room and Jungkook couldn't help but think it was slowly echoing in his heart and mind too. The comfort and warmth Tae offered was something he hadn't felt for a long time. A smile was automatically spread on his lips as he closed his eyes and drifted into sleep.

Taehyung on the other hand looked at the sleeping beauty and smiled, seeing obviously he was tired. Little did the two knew that in the breeze of the sweet night, the Cupid was shooting arrows in their heart.