The Proposal

Jungkook has been trying to understand what Taehyung's feelings are ever since their encounter at the center infirmary.

Was Taehyung about to kiss him? Would it have happened had it not been for Hosoek? The sad part was he had become a little conscious since his last rejection and didn't want to jump into anything to jeopardize his friendship. But did his heart agree to that? Surely not.

Taehyung was a mess on the other side too. If his fantasies about the kiss weren't worse already, the fact that it failed from happening right at his face was even worse. He knew that a little push from him would make it happen but he wasn't sure if Jungkook wanted it. After all, he hadn't made any attempt after that. Not even once.

Caught up in their own whirlpool of emotions, they both were being unable to see the emotion that were greatly mutual.

Surprisingly, Namjoon and Taehyung had gotten on very good terms and it was not awkward at all. If anything, Taehyung was thankful that his cousin had been blessed with such an amazing person and likewise for Jin.

As the school was about to finish, Namjoon requested Taehyung to stay back, a little worried. Taehyung could see the tension visibly and wondered if everything was okay between the two.

"Namjoon hyung, are you okay?" He asked, having gotten used to the new relationship.

Namjoon hesitated for a while and took sigh and spoke, "Taehyung, this might be a very big piece of information for you to take but please don't stress out" he said taking out the box and opening it to display a beautiful ring, "but I am planning on asking your cousin to get married with me."

"Oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD" Taehyung shouted and lunged towards Namjoon, hugging the life out of him.

"He will be so happy" he said, breaking the hug and looking in the ring.

"You think he will like it? But I have no idea where and how to propose. My romantic genes are non existent so I was hoping you could help me out."

"I WOULD LOVE TO." Taehyung excitedly shared.

Taehyung cycled home like crazy that evening and got to his desk. He couldn't express how much happy he was for his cousin. In addition, this was an affirmation that his harmless crush was over too. He looked up for a lot of proposal ideas but everything seemed to extravagant or costly and he knew Jin didn't like such extra things. After endless scrolling, he was pulling his hair and nodding his end on the table when suddenly he thought of something.

Jungkook had been waiting for Taehyung to come up at the station ever since he begged him to meet up, literally 9 in the night. It was cold and he was shivering.

"What's taking him so long?" He was speaking to himself.

Taehyung came running down and without even a greeting, he sat on the bike and asked Jungkook to ride along.

"Take us to light house please."

And without questioning, Jungkook did. The whole ride was silent with Taehyung's brain doing calculations on what could be done. As soon as they landed on the beach, Taehyung rushed and looked around. He was using his hands to make it look as if he was making calculations when suddenly Jungkook appeared in front of him and stood straight.

"Mind explaining to me what's all this?" He asked, straight faced.

"Wait. Okay, this should be perfect." Taehyung clasped his hands and looked around.

"What is perfect?" Jungkook asked, standing in front again.

"Sorry, okay so ignore the high pitched voice that's about to come out of my mouth but NAMJOON HYUNG IS ABOUT TO PROPOSE TO JIN HYUNG. How exciting is that?????" Taehyung shouted at the top of his lungs but to his surprise, Jungkook looked puzzled.

"And you are fine with that?" Jungkook asked concerned.

"Of course. I am over him and I think they are perfect match for one another. Besides, I like you, why would I be bothe-" Taehyung realized what had stepped out his mouth.

"You what?" Jungkook asked, in total disbelief, despite hearing it loud and clear.

"I said....I like them." Taehyung lied but very bad at it.

"Tae, I know that's not what you said."Jungkook insisted taking a step closer towards Taehyung.

Taehyung on the other hand who was feeling scared but surprisingly relieved, stepped back seeing the look on Jungkook's face.

"I said that okay" he said and tried to run away. But Jungkook was quick to hold his wrist and pull him towards him.

"Kim Taehyung, I know I can be mistaken at times but I know what I just heard. And if you are going to cover that, you know what I will do." Jungkook asked, placing his hands tightly on Taehyung's waist to which Taehyung gulped.

"I will throw you in the water." And before Taehyung could even register, Jungkook had him thrown over his shoulder and took near the shore.

"Jungkook, Jungkook get me down. I am not lying." He shouted and tried to wriggle out.

"I can be mistaken once, but now twice tae but if I don't hear it out from your mouth, I can never confirm it." Jungkook said as he pretended that he was about to throw Taehyung in the water.

"Okay, okay, okay, I LIKE YOU OKAY. I like you very very much." Taehyung shouted at the top of his lungs.

Jungkook could feel the cold water touching his feet but the warmth of Taehyung's words set his whole body on fire.

He slowly helped Taehyung down but instead on placing him on the ground, he pulled him down and on reflex, Taehyung wrapped his legs around Jungkook's torso as he obviously didn't want to fall in the water or that's how he convinced himself.

Taehyung placed his hands around Jungkook's neck but refused to look at him so he closed his eyes.

Jungkook who was on cloud nine just looked at the shy mess and pulled him even more closer.

"Open your eyes Tae" he said, a warm smile on his own face.

"No, it's embarrassing." Taehyung refused.

"It's not. Please look at me." He said and who was Taehyung to deny such a sweet request.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked at the man in front of him, who had the biggest grin plastered on his face. But he still hadn't said it back so he wasn't sure what to say.

"Say it back." Taehyung demanded which obviously Jungkook found adorable.

"Are you demanding me to confess?" Jungkook teased.

"Yes. It's embarrassing for only me to confess."

Jungkook smiled as he leaned in pecked Taehyung's lips quickly. "Does that answer it?"

Taehyung whose heart was about to explode felt a little confident and sneakily replied, "That was too short to understand, do it again." 

Jungkook was about to combust with the cuteness but he pulled Taehyung's body close to him, his hands tightly secured around his waist and kissed him. And this time, he kissed him like it was the only way to explain how strong his feelings were. He moved his lips slowly yet strongly to capture Taehyung's lips and Taehyung could only hold on to Jungkook's neck and kiss back, because had his feet been on the ground, he would have probably lose balance.

The kiss lasted for a minute or two and Jungkook slowly pulled back, to look at the flustered face of Taehyung who had his eyes slowly opened.

"I really really like you too Taehyung." He said, rubbing his nose with Taehyung's. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

And Taehyung who was completely taken off guard, hugged Jungkook and shouted a big yes, which probably all the fishes in the sea heard.

(Sorry for the late update but thank you for sticking with the story. Much love to the old and new readers. And thank you for the 1k 💜)