The Sports Day

While Kim Taehyung hated the idea of going to classes for studies, he hated PE and sports even more. The sun scorching playground filled with obnoxiously loud and sweaty kids shook him to his literal cores. On the other hand, his best friend enjoyed the school sports day to his heart. One reason was how Jimin was so good in every other sport and second was well, because his crush would be running around and jumping while flexing his well-built body while acing in every other game.

"I don't understand it Jiminie, isn't going to classes torture enough that they make us do this shit every other month. And to make matter worse, it is so risky. There are balls and studs flying in the sky. Like do they not have any consideration over how much my beautiful face could be hurt?" Taehyung spoke waving his hands like a fan.

Jimin rolled his eyes smiling and tying his shoe laces. When he looked up, he realized that Jeon Jungkook who was on the volleyball court was looking at him. For a sec, he thought it was his brain making up stuffs but even when his eyes met with Jungkook's, he maintained the eye contact. Jimin didn't know if it was the heat blurring his vision or him hallucinating, but Jeon Jungkook was definitely checking him out. His stare was broken off when Taehyung placed his hands around his shoulder.

"And see if it isn't worse enough, they are placing us against the aces of the volleyball team. Like, Jeon fucking Jungkook, do you think we even stand a chance against him. He will single handedly win us all. My focus on this game is not to win but to protect my face and my dignity" he finished placing his hands on his hips.

As much as Jimin loved Taehyung, sometimes he genuinely questioned why he was friends with him. His mind never failed to amuse him.

The two went on to the opposite side of the court where they were playing against  Jungkook's team. And Park Jimin could swear to god that Jungkook was checking him out again.

They all took their positions and the referee blew the whistle marking the start of the game. The game was going smooth where both the teams were defending and shooting equally. When suddenly Jungkook hit a strong shot and no one from the other team could handle it resulting in the point difference. This kind of riled up Jimin and he tried balance off but it was being hard given his fellow players weren't immersed in the game. The game went on with slight score margin where Jungkook's team red was winning.

In the last few minutes of the game, when Taehyung was about to lose his sanity and his breath from the game, a person entering the playground caught his attention and his smile reached his ears.

What he didn't realize was that Jungkook was full on about to hit a shot. Jimin noticed the ball flying towards his friend so in order to save him, he flew in to dodge the ball. But it was too late. And that's when a large thud was heard by everyone.

Jimin was on the ground with a sprained ankle due to the side fall while Taehyung's face was flat on the ground as he lost balance when Jimin pushed him. And the rest was a blur for Taehyung.

Taehyung woke up in the school nurse room with a strong pain in his nose after an hour or two. That's when he realized that there was a cotton bud in one side of his nose. His voice was hoarse from the passing out and he groaned when he heard someone next to his side speaking.

"Finally you are awake."

For a sec, Taehyung thought he must have been dead and he was in heaven for he wasn't expecting to be blessed by Namjoon's good looks.

"Why is it that you are always in trouble whenever I encounter you Mr Taehyung?" Namjoon smiled.

"Wh-what happened?" He asked using all the energy in his body.

"Well, you lost your attention from the game and before you know the ball was headed your way. Your friend Jimin tried to save you but before that, he injured his ankle and you, well you fell on your face flat and broke your nose. Thank god you only broke your nose or else got knows what would have happened to your pretty face" he chuckled.