7.✿❀✧*

[UNEDITED]

As I walked around my neighborhood, I heard someone calling my name.

I turned around to see someone I thought I wouldn't see again.

"Hey." she smiled.
"Hi."

"How have you been?"
"Okay. You?" I said, continuing to walk.
"I'm alright, thanks."
I nodded.

"Um, Ruel, I-I think we should talk."
"Listen, y/n, what we had in the past is behind us now. I don't want to get into anything-"
"But, Ruel, I need closure."

I bit my lip.

"Please?"
"I just wasn't ready for a relationship and I didn't want to drag you along with me."
"There's more to it, isn't there?"
"I-I didn't feel like I was giving you enough. I knew Jonah liked you for a long time and if you gave him the chance, you would've liked him. I know he could treat you so much better."
"Stop, Ruel. You gave me more than enough. You were the one I wanted."
"I'm sorry, y/n, but I can't do this." I said, walking quicker.

"Wait, I-"
"I miss you, so so much, y/n, but I'd rather be alone and focus on other things. I'm sorry."
"So this is it?"
"After that night I didn't think there was anything else."
She slowly nodded her head.

"I'll see you around?" she asked.
"Yeah, maybe."

"Bye, Ruel."
"Bye, y/n."

I hate that I let my head get the best of me. I loved her with every ounce of my being, but I'm not ready for a relationship, nor am I good enough for her. I hope she finds that someone one day, even if it's not me.