33 .✿❀✧*

THIS IS PART 2 FROM THE LAST IMAGINE.

[UNEDITED]

It's been a year since I've seen Ruel and I'm starting to feel myself move on from our relationship. Once I left I cut off all connections with him, and that may have been a bit cruel, but then again he was the one who kissed her.

Through the whole process I told myself that I was doing this for me. I needed to move on from him.

We have mutual friends so sometimes I would hear them talking about Ruel.

"Y/n, have you talked to Ruel lately?"
"No, why?"
"Oh nothing, I was just wondering. Are you guys at least on good terms?"
"I don't know, I haven't talked to him since our breakup.
His eyes widened.
"What?" I asked, confused.

Kirk stood up quickly and said, "I forgot I had this thing and this thing is very important and yeah I gotta go do this thing, but I'll see you later!"
"Wait!" I said, grabbing his arm lightly. "Are you alright?"
"Yeah."
"I thought you said we were having a moviethon with Jess?"
"Uh, tell Jess that I forgot I had this thing. I'll make it up to you guys later!"

There was a knock on the door and Kirk took a deep breath.
"It's probably Jess. I'll get it."
"Wait, y/n, please don't be mad at me." he said, following me to the door.
"Why would I be mad at you?"
"Um I don't know."
I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

"Kirk." I said.
"Yeah?" he asked nervously.

"I'm going to give you ten seconds to explain to me what you did before I kick you out." I said, turning around and staring at him.
"Um, well, I kinda thought you guys were on good terms and invited him to our moviethon." he smiled nervously.

"Why?" I yelled.
"Cause I miss our old friend group! I missed hanging out with you, Jess, and Ruel together."
"Kirk." I groaned.

"Please just for one day can we all hang out?"
I thought about it before saying, "Fine."

I turned around and saw Ruel standing nervously.

"Hey." he said.
"Hi."

I didn't move and neither did he.

"Okay, Ruel come on in!" Kirk smiled.

I moved aside for him to come in and Kirk told him that Jess will be over in a bit and told him to go in the living room.

"Thank you." he whispered to me.
I rolled my eyes and pushed passed him, following Ruel.

"Can you text Jess and ask when she's coming?" I asked Kirk.
He nodded, pulling out his phone.

I sat at the far end of the couch, away from Ruel. I grabbed my water from the table and took a sip.

"Um, how have you been?" he asked.
I looked at him and said, "Great. You?"
"Oh, um, yeah I've been alright."

Kirk was still on his phone and I never thought it would be this awkward between me and Ruel.

"Are we, um, good?"
I shrugged.
He nodded slowly.

"Anyways, can I invite my girlfriend?"
I nearly choked when Ruel said that.

"Are you okay?" he asked me.
"Mhm."
"So do you mind if I invite my girlfriend?"

"Uh, well, I rather you not invite her, but if you want to hang out with her, you're welcomed to leave."
He rolled his eyes and said, "why'd you invite me if you didn't want me here?"
"I didn't invite you. He did."

"Okay, guys, let's calm down."
"Kirk, shut up. This is your fault." I said.

"How's it my fault? I just want us to be friends again guys!"
"I don't want to be here anymore. Thanks for inviting me, Kirk. I'm just gonna hang out with my girlfriend."
I rolled my eyes, watching him stand up.

"No, sit. You guys need to get over your break up. It's been a while already."
"I do not want to associate myself with him anymore."
"Why? Because he moved on and got a girlfriend while you're still not over him?" Kirk said, angered.

"W-what? That's not true!"
"You still haven't moved on?" Ruel asked, softly.

My breathing quickened and I could hear my heart beating in my chest.

"I-I did move on. It's just that I-um, never mind." I said, standing up quickly and running to the bathroom, locking the door.

"Y/n?" I heard Ruel call.

I covered my ears and closed my eyes, frustrated with myself.

"Please just leave."
"Are you alright?"
"Yes. Just leave me alone!"

He didn't say anything after and I assumed he left.

"Why am I so stupid?" I said to myself.

"Hey, y/n? Can you please open the door?" I heard him ask.
I closed my eyes, and thought to myself, "if you open the door, you have to be strong. Don't fall for him again."

I stood up from the floor and opened the door.

"Can we talk?"
"I guess." I frowned.

"How have you been, honestly?"
"Not great."

"Was it because of me?"
I took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry." he said, opening his arms to hug me.

"No, stop," I pushed him off me, "please. Don't. This isn't what I wanted to happen. You have a girlfriend now. I'm fine."
"Y/n, but I still care about you."
"Listen, it's hard for me to get over you cause I get attached so easily. I was starting to feel okay until you came. I don't want to get attached again. Please understand that."
He nodded.

"Just promise me that you won't give up on anything. I have so much love for you. I'm always going to be here for you."
"Thank you, Ruel."
He nodded

"Um, I guess I'll be leaving now. Thanks for letting me stay for a bit. I'll see you around?"
"Yeah, maybe. Bye, Ruel."
"Bye, y/n."

***********
Hey

I know a lot of you wanted a happy ending, but clearly happy endings don't always exist

Sorry to crush your hopes