In Love?

It's about 5:30am an im laying here staring at the ceiling.
My mind is reeling with past memories and refusing to let me sleep.
We got back to the village yesterday night, kakashi told us to go home and get some sleep. Thankfully no one saw us, because I looked like shit.
We were also ordered to go to the red bridge tomorrow morning for some sort of meeting.
I'm gonna assume it's for the chunin exams, seeing as it's that time of year and we are about that age.
And I know your wondering, if I'm so advanced why am I a genin?, that's because the hokage thought I'd be best to be with kids my age. Probably because itachi was young and rose through the ranks, and look where it got him. I'm also here to keep an eye on Naruto, though the hokage doesn't doubt kakashi's abilities he just thinks that if naruto were to, well go all teenage werewolf on us that I'd be better if someone with my abilities was present.

Seeing as I wasn't getting any sleep nor doing anything productive laying here I woke up Kenshin and left my flat.
My first stop was the dango shop about a block from my house.
I had become a regular their and at this point the owners new me well. Since it was quite early still, the sun barley up, their were little to no people in. Just Jonin who had gotten back from a mission.
On my way in the shot me looks, nothing rude just suspicious. I have them a nod and a smile attempting to be polite.
"Oh hello Amaya dear"
"Good morning Mrs. ushino" I say greeting the elderly woman.
"Well someone's up early today, what's the occasion" she asks leaning over the counter.
"Oh nothin really just couldn't sleep, and what better place to eat breakfast at then the best dango shop in konoha" I say.
"Amaya, Don't think your sweet talking is gonna get you any free dango!" Mr. ushino yells from the back.
I let out a laugh.
"Ah well it was worth a try right" I shrug. The elderly woman reaches over the counter and smacks my arm jokingly while she laughs herself.
"The usual?" She asks
"Yes ma'am" I say happily and find a seat.
I take out a medical scroll and take notes on it while I wait.
I was chilling in a booth in the back of the shop eating when I felt someone sit down next to me.
My head snaps up only to see shikamaru sitting down next to me with a small smile.
I blink, look at him, then at my watch suspiciously.
This can't be right it's 6:10am.
"Am I hallucinating or is shikamaru Nara awake before 11:00" I grin
"Troublesome woman" he mumbles under his breath. I laugh.
"I heard your mission didn't go as planed" he asks casually with a hint of concern, though he tried to cover it up.
"Yeah, went from a C rank to an B rank mission" I say getting serious.
"What!" He whisper yells at me.
"Listen is wasn't a big deal we got through just fine with no major injuries, I'm alright" I reassure him.
"Are you sure your ok" he asks
"Yes I'm Fine seriously" he nods though I could tell he still wasn't convinced. He's practically a genius I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up on my body language and was able to tell I wasn't ok. Which I don't know if I am, I mean with my past being brought up and all I've been feeling like crap lately.
But I turn to him and smile.
"I gotta know, what got your lazy ass out of bed so early" I nudge him in the ribs. He resists the urge to smile and answers.
"My mom, she forced me out of bed at the crack of dawn to come and get dango with her. So troublesome," he wined in his usual tired uncaring voice putting his head on the table.
I giggle.
"I know shikamaru, what a drag it is to wake up at a reasonable time and go eat breakfast with your mother" I say sarcastically, patting his back.
He sends me a mock glare. I let out a laugh.
"Shikamaru I-" we look up to see a pretty woman with brown hair in a low ponytail standing outside the booth.
"Oh shikamaru you didn't tell me you had a friend" she coos clapping her hands together.
"Amaya this is my mom, Mom this is my friend Amaya ishikawa" Shikamaru lazily introduces.
"Yeah, I remember now. Your the girl shikaku was telling me about" she says happily shaking my hand.
"Its nice to meet you" I say politely.
"shikamaru you didn't tell she was so pretty"
"Mom!" Shikamaru yelled. He was so embarrassed I had to laugh, he shot a fake glare at me and I nudged him.
"Oh I've got a great idea!," she said in though I just nodded but shikamaru grimiest.
"You should come over for dinner tonight" she says happily.
"Um.... sure I guess, I don't see why not" I awkwardly word out. Shikamaru grimmest further.
"That's wonderful, come about six. It was nice meeting you, see you tonight" she walks out of the dango shop leaving shikamaru behind.
Their was a moment of silence before I said something.
"Well she's a.... character" I mumble.
"That's a nice way of putting it" shika mumbles. I laugh.
"Oh c'mon it won't be that bad," I say hopefully.
"You say that now."
I stand dragging him out of the booth.
"Aw don't be such a Debby downer shikamaru, it's gonna be Fine" I pat both his shoulder pushing him forward.
We walk out of the shop and up the busy street. We weren't speaking just enjoying each other company. I think we missed each other more then either of us would like to admit.
We weren't the let's hug it out type either so we just walked and talked until I had to leave.
"See ya later, tell choji I said hi and that I'm alright, knowing him he's probably worried sick"
"Ok, bye Amaya" he says throwing a lazy wave over his shoulder. I couldn't help but smile, it was nice seeing him. 
I then take off towards the bridge seeing as I was of course late, but I had a feeling kakashi was late too so I really didn't care much.