Escape

"What did I do?!" I stood up and yelled.

Then my dad walked over to me grabbing me by the hood of my hoodie and dragging me down the stairs as I struggled to escape his grasp.

He threw me against a wall. "YOU. DISRESPECTFUL. LITTLE. BRAT!" He said punching me in the face at each word.

I pulled out my pocket knife and he pushed it away hard and it scraped my arm threw my hoodie and fell on the ground, blood dripped down my arm dripping on the floor.

"YOU DISGUSTING DISAPPOINTMENT OF A CHILD! DON'T GET BLOOD ON MY FLOOR!" He yelled loud at me and once again punched me in the face.

"Sorry." I mumbled and stood to my feet not being able to breathe very well due to the tears welling up in my eyes.

I took off my sweatshirt leaving me with my gray tank-top and wrapped it around my arm.

Then I was kicked to the ground. He didn't want me to die because then he would go to prison so he didn't kick me in the ribs which would post likely cause me to die because of me having osteoporosis.

Then he got down low to my bleeding face and whispered in my ear.

"I wish you died instead of your mother. She deserves to live, not a disappointing accident like you."

At that he walked back upstairs.

I got up slowly and leaned on the wall catching my breath.

Jackson walked downstairs with a wet rag and cleaned the blood off the floor.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

He smiled at me.

I walked up stairs and the guys all wolf whistled at me because of the skin I was showing from my arms and enough of my chest area so they could see a bit below my collar bone.

Like im not a sub sandwhich leave me alone.

Then my dad growled and hit Vinny in the head.

I took my sweatshirt off and put my arm over the sink so the blood wouldn't get on the floor.

Then I grabbed a bandage and put it over the cut which wasn't huge but the knife was really sharp.

I did some laundry so that I could put my now bloody sweatshirt in there and I walked to my room.

I grabbed my brothers old red Spider-Man shirt that he wore when he was 11 but its still to big for me and I grabbed some garments and black shorts.

I folded them up and set them on my bed. I locked my bedroom door, shut my blinds, and got undressed than getting into the shower.

I washed my probable blood out of my hair and off my body. Then I washed my hair and body and wrapped myself in a towel and got out.

I brushed my teeth and went to my room to get dressed.

After I was dressed I opened the blinds and saw the motorcycles leaving.

"Bye bye idiots." I whispered to myself.

I unlocked my door and finished my Spanish.

Then I brushed my hair and got on my phone attending to all of the notifications that I don't have because my friends have lives.

I have a life to but I feel like my life is controlling everything and Im thrown in the trunk.

My life is not a life I want to be living but you get one chance right? Make the best of it I guess.

I grabbed my earbuds and turned on some music and held my cat Egypt.

I let the music drown out the sounds of my dad and brother arguing about Jackson moving away soon and I ignored the cars and motorcycles and busses and trains that could be heard. Ignored the sound of Jackson and my dads punches and cussing and just focused on the music.

My music helped me to understand I could escape from time to time. It might sound strange but music is how I escape.