Please Don't Leave Me

The next morning was Saturday. The so lovely Saturday. I had to work at Dropper Dollar and the Mechanic shop today which kind of made me feel disappointed, but excited about no school none-the-less.

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling. When I glanced at the clock on my wall over my desk I saw that it was 9:50AM.

That's confusing...Dad usually wakes me up at 9:00AM to go with him to the shop. Maybe my clock is wrong.

As I looked over on my bedstand to grab my phone I saw a folded piece of paper that said: To Victoria Rose

Interesting. I sat up and grabbed the piece of paper opening it. There was a note.

Dear Victoria Rose, I just wanted to say that I am a terrible person. I realized that. I have always been horrible to you and have taken my anger out on you which isn't right. I feel absolutely terrible for everything I have put you and your brother through. Jackson now has trust issues and I found out he lives near by, he is living in fear and agony and I don't want you to have to go through that anymore. So I took myself out of the equation. Victoria, my darling, I am so proud of you. You are smart, beautiful, caring, and responsible. Again I am sorry sweetheart. I love you more than you know.

                                    Love, Dad

I stared in disbelief. This is my dads handwriting but why? What does he mean by take himself out of the equation? He can't mean- holy....no. No no no no!

I bounced up dropping the piece of paper and running out of my room.

"DAD?! DAD PLEASE ANSWER! DAD!" I screamed looking around for him. As I ran into his bedroom I saw my father on the floor. He didn't look like he was breathing. He wasn't moving. He was practically blue.

My eyes watered and I started to cry. I dropped to the floor and took his dead cold hand, removing the pill bottle from his hand before doing so.

"Dad you can't leave my like this ok? We can live a happy life! You are all I have left...please don't leave me. Please, is this a joke? Can this be a joke?"

I curled up next to him still holding his hand and I just cried. I cried, and cried, and cried, for about an hour. Then I got up and went to my room and I called 911.

"Hello, 911 what's your emergency?"

"My dad is dead. He took a bunch of pills....he is dead!" My voice started to crack as I spoke of him.

The police lady talked to me on the phone asking me questions and then told me the police would be there shortly.

I leaned against the wall in my dads room and just slid down to the floor.

"Why?" I cried.

Then I remembered Josiah was back in town. I called my best friend and he answered.

"Hey Viki." He said happily.

"Jo-Josiah?" I stuttered.

"Vik are you ok?" He questioned more seriously.

"He's dead Josiah." I cried.

"Who?" He asked.

"My dad, he is dead! What do I do?!"

"Call the police."

"I did that already."

"Ok wait for them to get there, I'm on my way!" He said and I heard shuffling before the call was ended.

I sat there for a while and the police arrived and so did some ambulance which was going to be a big check im sure. I was asked a few questions and Josiah arrived and held me in his arms. The police man asked if I had family to stay with and Josiah told them I would stay with him.