Babysitting a 43 year old man

I woke up the next morning with a text from Anna.

Anna: Hey Viki, sorry I didn't tell you I was being moved. I didn't even know till the day before. I didn't text you because I thought you weren't friends with me anymore...

Viki: Why wouldn't we be friends?

Anna: You have been so isolated. We used to hang out all the time and I know you like your alone time, which is why I didn't pester you. You never made plans to hang out either

Viki: Anna, I have been very preoccupied lately, that is not an excuse, I took you guys for granted, and im sorry. I need you to understand I live 2 miles from yours and Skylar's house. I have 2 jobs, I study constantly, and I have honestly just been too tired to do anything.

Anna: You never told us. We are your friends Vik, we love you and would understand if you needed rest. We could have even helped you study!

Viki: I know, I just didn't want to bother you or the others.

Anna: You always think you're a bother to people when you aren't! We all want to be around you, we want to help you, but we can't if you don't tell us anything!!

Viki: I'm sorry Anna.

Anna: I know you are Victoria. Raquel just told me to get in the car, I have to go. Maybe we can text later, love you

Viki: Love you too Anna. Bye.

Anna is so lucky she has a sister to drop her off. Anna is the 8th kid in a sibling count of 9! Meaning she has 7 older siblings and a younger brother. Her 2 eldest siblings are 24 and 22 and they don't even really live at home anymore, Raquel is 20 now. Then Chris and James are 19 and 18. Bella and Rose are 17, Anna is 16 and Ethane is 4.

They are all so close. You mess with one Walker, you mess with them all. Their mom is Italian as well, meaning they literally bond over food.

I wish I had a family like that.

I got ready for another day of school and left even before my dad could finish drinking his coffee. Strangely he looked like he was in denial. Something was definitely bothering him.

After school Sebastian was standing at my locker before I could even get to it.

"Hey there." He winked.

I rolled my eyes, "How are you, Casanova?"

"I am doing mighty fine, what about you?" He asked watching as I slung my backpack over my shoulder and shut my locker door.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Could have been better I guess. Class was so boring today."

He laughed, "Well that's good for me, I can be the highlight of your evening."

"You can try, reading Leo Valdez' point of view when I get home very well might beat you." I joked...partly, Leo is amazing ok?

"Who is Leo Valdez?" Sebastian asked.

The eyes widened and my mouth dropped open.

"Mc-shizzle bad boy supreme? He is just the hottest, most hilarious broken character in Rick Riordan's universe of broken sad heros!!" I told him, surprised by his lack of knowledge for the Olympians series of Percy Jackson.

"You're such a nerd." He laughed.

"Yeah well you are such the opposite of a nerd!"

That comeback really sucked.

"Oh, so you mean sane?" He asked.

My eyes narrowed. "No I mean boring and uncultured, and socially aware."