Prologue

Taehyung rushed out of his room, hearing the clicking of the door. He glanced over the wall clock as he passed through the living room and noticed the time.

11:23 p.m.

He almost stumbled on the sofa, bumping his toe on the edge, making him whimper in pain.

"Shit!" He groaned forgetting about the man entering the house as he crouched down to soothe his painful toes.

He heard heavy footsteps going inside which snaps him out of what he's doing. His movements are quick as he aims for the door.

The brunet instantly smiled at the raven currently removing his shoes and putting them on the shoe rack.

"Hi. Welcome home, babe." Taehyung greeted, his hand automatically reaching out to get the man's coat.

He expected his warm smile to be returned just like how it used to be, but failed.

The ravenette simply nodded his head towards him, his tired expression getting the best out of him.

Taehyung sighed, hanging the coat in the rack, getting used to the same routine as he quickly follows behind. He rushed past the ravenette in the kitchen to heat the food and set up the table for him.

"I cooked your favorite. I know you'll be hungry from work." He said brightly, taking out the carbonara inside the refrigerator.

"No need. I already ate outside. I just want to rest right now." Jungkook mumbled, his footsteps heavy as he walks inside their shared room.

Taehyung smiled sadly, closing the refrigerator. He stared at the man's retreating back with sadness and longing in his eyes.

He felt his heart clench, slowly dragging a chair and slumping himself down.

The brunet held his face on his hands as tears start to threaten once more. He's been crying day after day, thinking of what has happened between the two of them. How their once love-filled home became an empty house with two people living together like total strangers.

Taehyung and Jungkook are married for six years now. And just like any other couple, their married life is being tested.

During the first part of their marriage, everything is smooth sailing. They are always all over each other, showing how deeply they are in love. Everytime Jungkook looks at him, his eyes shine with too much love and affection as if Taehyung is his greatest treasure. He never fails to make him feel so special by showering him with the little things that matter the most. Taehyung has experienced his greatest high almost reaching the heaven with Jungkook by his side, not knowing that soon, he'll be falling so low back in the ground.

Reality slaps him in the face that everything has changed.

Taehyung wakes up one morning realizing how everything about them is crumbling down to pieces. He doesn't know why and when it all started. He just felt it like a storm wrecking his whole being, leaving him with nothing. He doesn't remember when and how Jungkook's loving eyes turned cold and aloof everytime he looks at him.

Gone were the days when Jungkook will go home with a huge smile on his face, rushing inside and searching the house to find him, and instantly greeting him with a huge hug as he kissed him deeply in the lips.

Jungkook had been too busy with his work as a lawyer, winning almost all the cases he handles. He doesn't know that in exchange, he's slowly losing him.

Taehyung no longer feels the warmth of his body against his for years, making him think of all the negative things that cause his heart so much pain.