⏪ 1

His whole body feels cold, freezing in fact. He can feel the water slowly dragging him deeper...

and deeper......

and deeper......

and deeper even more......

"MMMHHH ---- HAAAAH!"

Jungkook gasped, his mind going hazy at the loss of air as he struggles to sit. He heaves a deep breath, coughing at the sudden pressure he feels on his chest as he tries to normalize his breathing.

Everything feels real. The touch of the water in his body as he sinks, the tears in his eyes when he cried so hard until he can't no more, the pain shattering his heart to pieces.. and the cold dead body of his love against his own.

Those happened.

It fucking happened!

He grasps whatever he touches as his head hurts like hell, crumpling a soft material in his palms as he focused on his surroundings.

His confused eyes travelled down his hands, realizing that the soft material he's clutching is his blanket.

Where am.... I?

Jungkook looked around, finally dawning in him that he's in his room, in his own bed.

H-how?

He clutched his chest, feeling his heart still beating. He covered his face with his hands as the memories flood in his mind.

I was drowning! B-but why am I here?

He quickly checked his body, looking for possible wound or any mark caused by his body falling down on the water.

But he found nothing.

Jungkook felt his body shiver, unable to process whatever is going on. He felt a sudden fear in his heart, trying to grasp the situation even though his mind is threatening to blow up.

Am I dead? Is this just an illusion? A fragment of my imagination?

He looked at his trembling hands, wanting to know if he's really alive. He tried pinching his cheeks, and the pain that creeps into his body tells him that he's infact alive.

Jungkook feels like fainting, but fought the urge to. He slowly stood out of the bed, eyes scanning his room and found the huge mirror hanging on the wall near the closet.

He took a step forward, staring at his own reflection.

In front of him is a man who looks so healthy and alive.

He stared at himself in the mirror, still astounded. He slowly lifted his left hand to touch his face, pinching his cheeks a little more. His eyes grew even larger when he looked over his wrist where his watch adorns.

No... fucking way!..

Jungkook held his wrist near his face, eyeing the date plastered on his watch.

July 13, 2020.

"I-Impossible." His legs turned to jelly, allowing him to fall on the floor, hands shaking and heart thumping loudly on his chest almost making him deaf.

Did he turn back time?

Because he's fucking sure that Taehyung's death happened on August 13, 2020.

He will never forget that fatal day because that's the same day he decided to end his life so he can be with his love again.

What the fuck is happening?!!

He was so lost in thought when the door to his room suddenly bursts open.

"Hey, I heard something fall. Is everything ----- okay?"

Jungkook cannot believe his eyes. His face turned pale as his eyes turned wide as the ocean.

Standing by the door, breathing and alive is his husband.

"T-tae?" Jungkook barely said, lips trembling as tears began to trickle down his face.

Taehyung knotted his head at the sight of his husband sitting on the floor, looking like a lost child who has seen a ghost.

"H-hey, are you okay?" He steps forward, crouching down on the floor, leveling his husband's face.

Taehyung reached out his hand to touch Jungkook's face.

This is the first time he's seen Jungkook looks so vulnerable.

He cups his face, but soon felt the strong arms of Jungkook around him, hugging him so tight until he can barely breathe.

"H-hey, what's wrong?" Taehyung managed to ask, feeling the strong embrace of his husband with his face buried on the crook of his neck.

"J-jungkook?" He asks once more, feeling Jungkook's body shaking.

Taehyung almost melts, hearing small faint sobs from Jungkook's lips. He can feel the latter's body shaking even more, his shirt now wet from tears.

"T-thank God! Oh Thank God!" Jungkook mumbles as he cradles Taehyung in his arms pouring out the pent up emotions in his heart.

"W-why are you acting like this? Y-you're confusing me." Taehyung mumbles, caressing Jungkook's back with his hands.

The ravenette did not answer but continues to cry like a child.

They just hugged each other so tight, no words leaving Jungkook's lips as he slowly stared at the beautiful face of his love.

He cups his face in his hands, loving the warm skin under his palms with tears flowing from his eyes like a river as he claims his lips, basking in the warmth that both of them feel for each other.

Jungkook kissed Taehyung like there's no tomorrow.

He kissed Taehyung with the love he never thought he will be able to show him again.

The love that they have for the second chance.

Jungkook might be confused and scared, but he won't think about those things anymore.

What matters the most is that Taehyung is back.

Regardless of the reason or how it happened, he will fulfill his promise to him no matter what. Jungkook will do everything in his will to show Taehyung his love.

He promised to himself that he will not fuck up this time.

-----

Purple you 💜