⏪ 9

Jungkook made himself busy for the day. He couldn't do anything about the loss of a client, but this time, it's not as surprising as the first time.

He couldn't believe he lost the case the second time. Maybe it's just bound to happen.

No matter how hard he tried to change it, still it happened.

His team were a bit disappointed and on the edge in losing the case when he arrived at the law firm. Since Lee Min Ho is a famous personality, they thought their law firm could be even more recognized if they'll be able to win the case.

However, they lost the client and they think it's their fault.

Jungkook didn't blame anyone. He knows everybody tried to fill in his place when he's not around. He's not angry at anyone because he knows it's nobody's fault.

"Snap out of it, okay. We can still get clients in the future who are even greater than our loss. Cheer up and work your asses off." Jungkook ordered in a playful tone that made his team smile.

"Yes, Sir." They answered in unison before getting back to work. They believe in him because he's one of the best in this field.

Jungkook headed to his office to finish some of the pending papers he needs to work on.

He spent the rest of the day, just analyzing cases and studying the papers his team had passed on to him.

The ravenette was only interrupted from work around 8 pm when his secretary knocked on his door. He didn't even know it's already this late.

"Sir, there's someone who wants to talk to you."

Jungkook nodded his head, putting the papers down on the table and allowing another client to come in.

A woman enters and Jungkook's eyes widened, seeing her familiar face.

"Good evening, Mr. Jeon." The woman greeted.

Jungkook has his eyes wide, seeing the actress Park Min Young in front of him. Seeing her again.

"I'm Park Min Young and I--" She wasn't able to finish her sentence when Jungkook suddenly stood from his seat, his chair making a loud sound from the friction.

"Secretary Min." Jungkook turned to his secretary in a rushed tone. "What date is today?" He asked, not minding whether he's being impolite to his new client who looked offended for being ignored.

His secretary was a bit confused with his behavior but nevertheless answered him.

"August 13, sir."

Jungkook thought he became deaf, hearing the date. He turned on his desk and pressed his phone to confirm the date. As the screen lightens and he came face to face with the date, his heart started beating out of his chest as realization hits him.

Everything is happening again.

Breaking the vase.

Losing Lee Min Ho's case.

Getting the same case he handled on the day of Taehyung's accident.

He couldn't forget this. Not in his entire life. The day Taehyung died was the day Jungkook received the same case, the case of Ms. Park Min Young after he loses Lee Min Ho's case.

It's repeating.

Everything is happening again.

With wide eyes and a thumping heart, Jungkook took his phone and dialed Taehyung's number as he ran for the door, unmindful of the questioning look he got from his staff.

He's suddenly lightheaded and out of focus as he rushed outside, his feet quickly guiding him to his car.

"Mr. Jeon!" one of his men called out but Jungkook is already deaf from panic.

He stepped on the gas like a mad man, speed passing through the limit as he made his way home, hoping to see his husband waiting with his usual warm smile.

The line just keeps on ringing and this made Jungkook even more afraid and frustrated.

"Fuck! Why is he not picking up!" Jungkook groaned as he speeds up some more.

He's so disoriented and afraid. His heart is thumping so loud in his chest and his breath is hitching from too much fear.

Fear of the possibility of losing Taehyung again.

No.

Jungkook keeps on dialing throughout the way. He didn't mind whether he's speeding up like a lunatic. All he wants is to arrive in his house to see his love safe and sound.

The usual 40-minute drive from work was trimmed to 20 minutes as Jungkook parked his car in front of their home. He didn't even bother turning off the engine as he rushed out of his car and into their front door.

He punched in the code with his trembling hands as he quickly rushed inside upon opening the door.

"Taehyung!" He called out, his voice shaking from utter fear and anxiety.

He ran inside the house, not finding his husband on the living room. He mindlessly checks on their room, only to find it empty, making his heart sink.

"Taehyung!" He called out in panic as he rushed outside. He took on his phone in frustration as he keeps on dialing Taehyung's number.

After a few more attempts, Jungkook could no longer think clearly. He rushed around the neighbourhood, trying to find his luck.

"Oh God, Tae." Jungkook grips on his hair in frustration, his mind working in the wrong direction as he thinks of all the possible things that could happen.

He doesn't know why but his heart is telling him that something bad is going to happen.

That just like the first time, he'll lose Taehyung again.

----

Love you 💜