⏪ 2

Taehyung awkwardly brushed his loose hair away from his face, tucking them behind his ears.

He fixated his gaze on the stove as he sautéed the vegetables on the frying pan.

The brunet is feeling too awkward as he continues to stir, adjusting the heat to medium.

Why is he feeling awkward?

Well, he's been basically cooking food with Jungkook's arms possessively wrapped around his waist, too firm for his liking.

His husband has been acting weird since he woke up, from hysterically crying earlier like a child, up until now, clinging to him as if he's too afraid to let him go.

This whole new change in Jungkook's behavior has made him feel a bit uncertain.

"Uhm.. I need to get something on the fridge, Jungkook." Taehyung mumbles, suggesting for his husband to finally let him go.

Jungkook seemed to not hear him as he continues to cling like a child. He rested his chin on Taehyung's shoulder, inhaling his addicting scent.

"Jungkook." Taehyung called out once more. If this continues, Jungkook will surely be late for work, which the latter doesn't want to happen.

Taehyung knows Jungkook will get mad if he came to work late. Why, he loves his work after all.

"Hey, I need to finish this so you can eat and go to work. Don't shout at me if you become late for work because of this." Taehyung said in a resigned voice.

He honestly loves to feel Jungkook's warmth just like this and the sudden affection he's getting. It feels too good to be true especially that he knows their marriage has been on the rocks for too long.

"H-hey." Taehyung was suddenly spun around to face Jungkook.

He felt his cheeks burn when Jungkook leans forward, placing a quick kiss on his lips.

"Don't worry too much. I won't be going to work today." Jungkook mumbles, caressing Taehyung's lovely face.

Taehyung can still see the redness of Jungkook's eyes from too much crying, his nose a little red and his cheeks a bit puffy.

"Y-you're acting really weird today." Taehyung replied as he lets the ravenette cup his face with his hands.

"Am I?" Jungkook simply replied, caressing Taehyung's face with his hands.

He stared at his husband, memorizing every curve of his face, the small moles accentuating his lovely face, big crescent brown eyes that can see through his soul, and his soft plush lips only for him.

Jungkook leaned his head forward, claiming those lips once more in a soft passionate kiss.

Taehyung felt his knees grow weak at the tenderness of Jungkook's touch. He felt his heart race as thousands of electricity run through his body.

He responded with the same passion, allowing himself to get drowned by the emotions he feels from that connection.

It was a moment of serenity, with only their lips together, dancing in a rhythm that only the two of them hear.

Jungkook backs away, breathing ragged and his heart beating in erratic motion.

"I love you." He murmurs, making Taehyung intake a sharp breath at the seriousness behind those words. He felt Jungkook's arm tighten around him once more, holding him so near.

"I love you." The ravenette repeated once more placing a soft kiss on his temple.

His face too serious and Taehyung can't help the beating of his heart under those deep charcoal eyes.