⏪ 10

Jungkook ran, his breathing becoming erratic as he surveys the street to find Taehyung.

He could feel a lump on his throat, afraid of the things that are yet to come.

Why does he have to go out this day?

"Fuck! Taehyung!" Jungkook called out, his voice strained from too much shouting.

He needs to find him.

If things keep on happening again, there's a possibility that...

"Oh God! Taehyung!" Jungkook ran breathlessly. He took his phone out of his pocket and dialed Taehyung's number again but the line just keeps on ringing.

"Damn!" Jungkook gripped on his hair in frustration as his mind starts to think of the negative things.

No.

He couldn't afford to lose Taehyung again. Not for the second time.

He ran on the sidewalk of the main road, his eyes scanning the establishments along the street.

His steps are fast when he stood in front of the pedestrian lane, waiting for the go signal to cross the street.

A lot of cars are passing by with only 40 seconds left before the traffic light changes to red.

Jungkook saw people from the other side of the road, waiting for the go signal as well. There were children and lovers on the other side.

His eyes caught sight of a brunet holding a plastic bag in hand, who has his eyes on the traffic light and immediately recognized him.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook wasn't able to prevent himself from calling out, his heart beating fast.

Taehyung's gaze immediately landed on the ravenette on the other side of the road. He smiled and waved his hand.

Jungkook lifted his hand, motioning for the other to wait for him on the other side.

Taehyung doesn't seem to understand, his face confused, seeing the urgency in his love's face.

Jungkook groaned in frustration. He lifted his phone up, motioning for Taehyung to grab his own phone so they could talk on the line.

The brunet understood this time. He took his phone out, seeing a lot of missed calls from Jungkook. He answered the call, Jungkook's voice booming on the other line.

"Baby, stay there. I'll cross the street and go to you, okay?" Jungkook said, his voice full of anxiety that confuses Taehyung so much.

"Okay." Taehyung agreed amids the confusion.

"Good. Stay there." Jungkook reminded once more before his anxious eyes landed on the traffic light.

20 seconds left.

Everything is going to be fine as long as Taehyung doesn't cross the street, right?

Jungkook stared at his love who has his eyes on him as well. He's smiling to him, cutely waving his hand from time to time.

10 seconds.

Cars started to rush even more. Jungkook could almost sigh in relief as Taehyung just stood there in the opposite lane.

Everything will be alright.

Jungkook smiled at Taehyung who has his eyes fixated on the cute little boy near him, playing with his ball.

5 seconds.

With every second passing by, Jungkook's heart is beating with the blinking of the traffic lights. He could hear his breathing in his ears, too loud and deafening.