6

"Silent  Night, Holy Night..." I hummed and sang my favorite Christmas songs as I carefully admired each ornament hanging from our beautiful tree.

"All is calm, all is bright." I heard a soft and deep voice behind me and I whirled around. 

"Alexander, stop sneaking up behind me. You'll give me a heart attack and the baby won't like it." I said giving him a gentle slap on the chest.

He caught my hand and softly pressed his lips to my fingers, keeping his lips on my skin just a little longer than usual. 

"Our boy will be strong. He's a Vasiliev, they are strong men."

I laughed. Yes, he wasn't wrong. Our boy would be very strong, but also because I had made a promise to a few of my favorite people that I'd make him a hardcore Russian boy and those are always strong men.

"Speaking of our boy, he'll be here in just two months and we should think of some names," Alexander said, gently touching my belly. 

I squinted at him. "What's wrong with you? Do you have a fever or did you perhaps eat too many candy canes?"

"Don't be ridiculous, that is a very immature thing to do."

I shook my head. "Only you would say that."

His lips lifted slightly. I smiled at his reaction. 

Things were fine between us. They were at a very peaceful and light stage where we were both making small talk, sitting around the fireplace and ate breakfast and dinner together. But this was just the quiet before the storm and both of us knew that perfectly well.

"But seriously, are you feeling alright?"

He sighed. "Yes. Why are you asking? And thank you, for your concern."

"Well, you don't sing Christmas songs, that's for sure. Oh yeah, plus, you are so not the type of person to suggest we start thinking of baby names." I stared at him strangely, hoping he understood just how serious my concern was for his alien behavior.

He gave me an eye roll. "Yes, Maria, this is my firstborn son and he'll be carrying my name. I need to make sure that he has a name of good meaning and value."

I squinted at him, analyzing what he said. He wasn't wrong. The firstborn, especially if it was a son, was always a big deal in any Russian family, but especially if that Russian family also happened to be the richest family in America. 

Or was the richest family. I actually didn't know right now, because of our extremely horrible communication skills.

It was Stephan's goal to completely tear apart Alexander, and money played a very key role in it, so I was almost certain that our bank accounts had seriously gone down. It didn't matter to me, at least, I never even knew we were the richest in the States, so if we went down it wouldn't make a difference. 

"I assume you've thought of some names?" Alexander asked.

"And why would you assume that?" I asked, already knowing his answer.

"You're a woman, you're supposed to already have names chosen for the baby."

I smiled. Knew it!

I looked up at him, a smirk plastered on my face, delighted in his answer and in my future reply. "Well, you are a man and you aren't even supposed to be thinking about baby names until the baby is born, but here we are. And, for the record, no, I actually have not chosen a name nor have I thought about it."

I could see all his pride and glory and what-not leaving his face the moment I said it. 

'God, forgive me for enjoying when I win and my husband is upset, but he sometimes deserves it.'