28

EPILOGUE

It had only been a month since Jonathan and I were back with Alexander, but already, things were very different. It was like I was married to a different man, who was just like Alexander. 

We were able to talk about everything and our relationship was going perfectly- well, as perfect, as any good relationship can be. 

We had moved in with Alexander, of course, but the most surprising thing was how open he was to become very involved in our lives. We all lived with him... in his bedroom, and although it took a while for me to get accustomed to it, soon, I was able to comfortably become his wife again. 

He also refused to let me go back to work because he was convinced that many of the problems in our marriage were because of that. He was probably right, and so I didn't go back. Not that I wanted to, either way, because Jonny and I had lots of fun going around the city and spending time doing things together. 

There was romance in our life again, and Alexander would constantly take me out on dates all over the city. It was almost as if he was trying to make up for all the lost time. 

But what made me the happiest, was how wonderful his bond with Jonathan was. He was absolutely everything that the boy needed, and Jonathan loved him so, so much. It sometimes even seemed that he loved him more than me. 

I finally learned how to love Alexander again, at least as much as I could without forgetting Misha. I had promised myself I would never forget him- he had done too much for me, and he meant way too much for me to just forget him and all the things we shared.

But, I never let it get in the way of growing closer to Alexander, and he respected that. 

Alexander came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I used to be very uncomfortable when he did that, but I learned to like it now. I leaned into his chest. He rocked me back and forth, as we looked at our son running through the streets of Rome, scaring away all pigeons, but receiving 'aww's from the people. 

"You spoil him so much, Alex

"You spoil him so much, Alex. He looks like he's already five in that crazy outfit!"

"Shh, don't spoil my fun, I'm raising him to be a businessman and that means dressing very nice," Alexander said, earning a smile from me.

"Whatever you say, but you are spoiling him too much. And me too, bringing me to Rome, feeding us all of that expensive food, and visiting all the museums."

Alexander spun me around in his arms, making me face him. "You, and my son, deserve everything in the world. I'm going to try and do just that."

I smiled. "You have become a wonderful man, Alex. Thank you. I'm very glad that Jonathan loves you so much."

Alexander smiled. "And you?"

I rolled my eyes. "You already know I do. I always did."

He squinted his eyes at me. "Yet you're still visiting Misha." 

I raised my eyebrow. "He's waiting for us in Jerusalem in two weeks. He loves us very much too, you know, and... we love him too. You should have seen how much Jonny missed him the first weeks we were back with you."

Alexander frowned. 

I rubbed his back, knowing that he hated whenever I brought up Misha. "Hey, I know that us visiting him makes you very uncomfortable, but I appreciate you giving us this chance to keep him in our lives. Thank you."

He shrugged. "It's the least I can do."

I smiled and leaned into his chest. "We love you very much, Alex."

He smiled and wrapped his arms tighter around me. "I won't ever hurt you guys again."

"I know."

"I love you both, so, so much."

I smiled. "I know."

Jonny ran up to us, and Alexander was forced to release me from his grip, as Jonny jumped into his outstretched arms. 

I smiled as my two boys played together for a while

I smiled as my two boys played together for a while. Alexander didn't mind letting go and having fun whenever Jonny would pull him into a game. He looked ridiculous, chasing his son through the streets, scaring away tourists and pigeons, but at the same time earning 'aww's from the strangers around them... indeed, Jonathan was his shadow, pure and simple. 

They finally ran up to me. 

I smiled as I took Alexander's arm. "He's your little shadow."

He smiled and leaned down to press a kiss to Jonny's cheek. "Yes. I love him."

Jonny ran back to the streets as we stood and watched him. 

Alexander turned to me and wrapped his arm around me. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, and I melted into the kiss. 

It was wonderful, being his wife again, but this time, not being the one that just needed to be there to support him, but also being the one that had a family with him, the one that loved him, and whom he loved also.

"I'm so glad you're still my wife, Maria." He said, breaking the kiss.

I smiled and stood on my tiptoes, meeting his lips again. "Me too."

He grinned and then tipped me down, deepening the kiss. I gripped his arm, not wanting to fall, but I knew I was very safe in my husband's arms. In fact, I knew I would never be in danger again, and I knew that no matter what, our family would be okay. 

He brought me back up and tucked a piece of my strand behind my ear. 

"I love you."

"And I love you."

He took my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine, and we strolled through the streets of Rome, our son running ahead of us. 

It was a wonderful life, despite all the troubles that we had faced. 

I looked up into the sky. The sun was beginning to set, creating a wonderful painting in the sky. 

"Thank you, God, for bringing back to me my husband. Thank you, for blessing me so wonderfully, and loving me even through my sins. Amen."

~THE END~