14

I almost choked on my delicious cupcake but somehow managed to maintain my food inside my mouth. I frowned... no way was this- this sweet, hospitable, and kind lady the woman who slept with my husband.

I had no idea what to do. I had the perfect opportunity to murder her. No one would ever know. 

At the same time... a sly smirk crawled over my face once more. 

This was a perfect, perfect plot twist to my plan! Oh, this was just... ah, simply beautiful.

This was so not a coincidence, oh no, not at all. This was simply the beautiful work of God's hand guiding me in my life. I lifted my eyes and whispered, "Oh, God, thank you! You are so wonderful and loving... this is simply beautiful!"

"Is that your husband?" I asked Allison, pointing to the frame.

Immediately a smile lit up her face, accompanied by a noticeable blush. "No, no it's not... but I would really love him to be."

I raised an eyebrow. No, she did not just say that. "He thinks you guys are just friends?"

She shook her head. "I'm not really sure if I'm even supposed to tell you this. One day if he ever comes back, I don't want him to lose trust in me."

I nodded. "That makes sense. But by that time, I'm going to be long gone. Won't even see you again. But I don't want to pressure you, so we can drop the topic."

Allison sighed. "No, no, you're right. It doesn't matter, really, because you're basically just a stranger."

I nodded. 

"He's a very well known businessman, who is insanely rich. That's why he doesn't want to commit to any relationship."

With a raised eyebrow, I asked, "Are you sure that's it? I know many rich businessmen who have definitely committed."

She signed. "Okay, you're right. There's also another detail I should mention."

I smiled. I knew exactly what she would say... 

"He's got a wife who disappeared mysteriously about a few months ago. He had no idea what happened to her and still doesn't. The rumor is that she hated him and his cold heart and left him. It's true, he does have a very cold personality with basically no emotions, but I happened to witness him that day in the bar very much full of emotions." 

I nodded. "He went to the bar because he was upset she left?"

"No, that wasn't it. He was convinced that she did not leave him just because she didn't like him. He said that he'd known if she was planning that. What he told me is that since she's still not back, he'll go grab himself another girl. He was ready to move on."

Ouch. She had no clue that those words just... penetrated right deep into my heart. 

"Hmm. You believed him?"

She smiled. "I did, I so totally did. I haven't regretted it at all yet. He's seen me so many times now and he constantly came over and let me tell you, the sex with this guy is just heavenly."

Eeewww no no no, that's not what I ever wanted to hear. Please, Allison, don't tell me this about my husband.

Except I had to act like I totally supported her sleeping with my husband, so I smiled and winked at her. "I'm sure it was."

"I'm now completely in love with him, and even if I know that I'm going to end up hurt and alone because he'll go back to his wife, I'm not going to regret it."

I shrugged. "Well, what if she never comes back?"

Allison smiled, but for some reason, it was a little sad. "I don't know if Alexander would ever want to get married again. He hasn't called back for several weeks now, and I think it's got something to do with her."