22

I was very surprised that Misha and the rest of the gang still lived in that hotel. They were even able to get me the same room that I used to have, and settling back in that old, familiar place made me feel so welcomed and so comfortable. I knew that I could quickly get accustomed to this life. The only hard part would be to forget Alexander. 

I smiled as I remember first seeing all the boys again... Stephan, Eugene, and Shurik. Ah, they were really like family to me. As soon as I saw their faces and my face lit up with a smile, I remembered all the good memories and us becoming just like a family. I was so glad that I was back with them, even though it meant that I had to leave my other family behind.

I stood outside on the balcony. I was here not that long ago, thinking about life, and looking out at the snow. I had a decision to make that time and I didn't know what to do. 

Now, I was still standing on the balcony, admiring the snowflakes falling from the sky on this cold, grey January night. I was thinking about life, except now, I didn't have a decision to make. I had a decision to stick to. 

"Dear God, please, give me the strength to stick with my decision. I know that it was the right one to make, and I ask you to please give me the strength to follow through with it as best as I can, for my own good and for my baby's, and, of course, this new family that I acquired. Please, show me your love and grant me your wisdom to do what is right. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

I smiled and stood out in the snow a little bit longer. But eventually, I grew much too tired to stand, and much too cold to endure the fresh air any longer. 

I fell into my bed that I was previously occupying. Ah, it felt so much softer and nicer now. I wondered why... maybe it was because I was so tired?

I lay down, yawning. Yes... I just needed a lot of sleep... 

I suddenly woke up to a very wet bed and severe pain that shot up through my legs, my back and my head. My eyes widened at the sight and shock and pain, and I gritted my teeth together.

Oh, oh God! It was... finally happening and GAH, the pain was getting worse and worse. I had learned several breathing techniques back when I was learning to become a nurse and I quickly began to breathe in and out very calmly as I rushed next door to Misha's room.

I was clutching my belly and my back, as I felt various strange movements within me. I grimaced, trying to control my breathing. 

"Misha!" I tried to say quietly, as I knocked on the door. I heard him grumble or snore or something.

A sudden shock of pain traveled all through me and I started to feel something that I was pretty sure were contractions. I let out a (hopefully) not loud and controlled scream. 

"DAMN IT, OPEN THE DOOR MISHA!" The pain was definitely growing much stronger and I could feel my little boy try to leave me.

In a split second, Misha was already at the door. His eyes widened immediately as he saw me with a ferocious look on my face, my hands on my back and my pants all wet.

"MARIA, oh, oh God, what the hell do I do, Maria!" He panicked for a second before frowning and then getting himself together again. "Let's go, let's go, why are you still standing here? We need to go get a cab!"

I grabbed his arm and I think my nails were leaving bloody marks on his skin, but I didn't care. MAN, I knew that giving birth would be painful, but not THIS bloody painful! I grunted and cursed all the way through the hallway, trying to control my breathing and my screams but it was getting harder. 

"Ahhh this baby better be definitely worth all of this! AHH!" I panted and breathed as the contractions got closer together and stronger. 

"Misha," I said, breathing very loudly and not at all like I was ever taught, "AHH! Just, oh God! Ohhhh Goood this baby is AH! Is. Definitely, damn it! God, this is- AH!"