The Beginning Of The Hunter Exam

'Remember. Control.'

Ding.

I walk into a underground tunnel that seems to have no exit except the weird elevator room I just came out of.

'Lovely, an enclosed space with lots of people.'

The elevator shuts and I'm left with around twenty other applicants.

All male.

'That's just the cherry on top of this process isn't it.'

I walk further into the room.

I instantly noticed everyone glaring at lil ol' me. I smiled and when most of them turned back to whatever they were doing, I let out a small giggle.

"Tough crowd," I chuckled.

A little green bean walks up to me, "Here's your badge, be sure to wear this on your chest at all times," the small bean told me, pausing and quickly adding "and be careful not to loose it okay?"

I nod and give him a small smile, taking the badge and stealing a glance at the number before placing it on my pale brown bear hoodie.

I walk towards the side, opting to stay quiet until someone interesting shows up.

'24? A random number?'

I look around, taking in the applicants that made it before me and counting.

'The number of who arrived here. Fun, I wonder how many will arrive. And if any of them are going to be interesting. Or if I will know any of them.'

I look around, deciding that a quick nap wouldn't hurt.

'Too many men.'

I look around for anywhere to hide or rest.

'This room is too open.'

I look up, noticing the pipes that run across the ceiling.

'Is there enough space up there?'

I look around, making sure no one was watching me too closely. Deciding its safe, I jump.

I silently grab onto pipe and pull myself and my bag up.

'This should be good, now to make sure I won't fall off.'

I lock my legs and lean back, resting my head against my crossed arms.

'This lighting is perfect for staying hidden and sleeping.'

I slip into a light slumber, waking up a little while later, sitting up and stretching. 

The elevator dings and I look to the new applicants, '400? Already? How long has it been?'

I pull out my phone from my bag and click it on.

'January 7th? It's been a day already? Oh well. Now I feel more like myself.'

I smile and look across the applicants.

Feeling bored, I sifted through the crowd, searching for new fun people to hang around while we waited for the exam to start.

Two people jumped out to me right on the spot, both obviously very strong and oddly interesting.

#44 had bright fuchsia hair and wore very interesting clothing that seemed card themed. I decided to simply call him the Clown Man until I got his name.

#301 had a purple mohawk of some sort and pins sticking out of his face and clothing. It seemed uncomfortable to have that many needles sticking out, but he didn't seem bothered by it. The needles were shiny and I ached to get one to add to my collection of blades and various stabby things.