Old Friends And Cooking

Someone gently shaking me awake. That's one of the best ways to wake up. No doubt about it.

"Kumari, it's time to wake up! The Second Phase is about to start!" I hear Gon say.

I yawn.

"I'm up, I'm up!" I giggle, happy to be woken by a friend.

I get up and see Satotz in front of the big gate, and he starts talking.

"Excellent work, everyone! The second phase will take place here in the Visca Forest Park!" He pauses, "so I shall now take my leave, I wish you all the very best of luck."

He starts walking but before he gets far I run and tackle him in a hug.

"Thanks for being a great examiner! Stay safe Satotz!" I giggle as I squeeze him in a bear hug.

He looks down at me and gently puts his arms around me, giving me a light squeeze.

"You too #24, stay safe." He says

I slightly frown, "You can call me Kumari! And thanks!"

I let go and rush over to my friends, ignoring the looks of amazement that were sent my way.

"By the way, I know Gon and Killua, but I don't know your names." I say, looking at the blond and the tall guy.

"I'm Kurapika. Thank you for keeping Gon and that idiot safe." The one I now know is Kurapika says.

"And I'm Leorio! Nice to meet you. Thanks for protecting us," Leorio says.

"Ah no problem! Thank you for keeping watch over me while I slept! Now let's goooo!!!!" I say, bouncing up and down, ready to start the next phase with renewed energy.

Right as I say that, the large gates open to reveal a courtyard and mansion of sorts with two people in the center, one on a comfy chair and one sitting behind the chair. I notice the the two people but quickly dismiss it as I start chattering away with my new friends.

Everyone else starts heading to the gate as well as my group. That's when I hear a familiar voice welcoming us to the Second Phase. I peek around some guys back and see a familiar head of mint green hair.

"MUNCHI!!!!!" I yell as I run as fast as I can to tackle the mint haired girl in a death squeeze, also known as a hug.

She tries to dodge me by getting out of the throne but I quickly adapt and tackle her. We crash on the floor, and I start squeezing the life out of her. I'm suddenly picked up by my hood and as I look around, I see someone I also recognize.

"Big Bear!!!" I yell as he drops my hood. I land and quickly turn around and jump to tackle him as well, going straight for his center of balance, his huge stomach. I giggle, pushing off the ground with more force to knock him down and jump. I wrap my arms as far around him as I can and squeeze. Menchi and Buhara chuckle as he sits up giving a gentle squeeze before setting me down.

All the applicants jaws drop and stare at me as I bounce around the two, asking a million questions a minute.

"Ohitssogreattoseeyou!Howhaveyouguysbeen?Whyareyouhere?OMGareyouguystheSecondPhaseexaminers?Thatssocool! Ivemissedyouguys!Haveyoudiscoveredanythingnew?Waitdoesthatmeanthatwearegoingtocook?" My words blurring into each other as I squeal and jump around them.

"Calm down little bear," Buhara says as he picks me up by my hood again, "It's nice to see you too, we've been good, yes we are the Second Phase examiners, we have discovered some new ingredients and we can tell you about them later. And yes, you are going to cook for this phase," Buhara finishes quietly, gently sitting down with me on his leg.