The First Meeting

I went back to the hide out absolutely wasted, drinking away my sorrows like the irresponsible adult I am.

When I woke up to a hammer pounding against my head and my eyes screaming at the sun I immediately regretted what had happened the night before.

A.K.A. Drinking competition.

'Criminals know how to hold their alcohol.'

I sigh and sit up, the memories from before the drinking game flashing through my mind.

'The heist was a success. And everyone thinks the troupe is dead. Great.'

Everyone is called into the main room by Rollio and I sigh and ease myself off the ground of a random room. Walking sluggishly to Rollios side, I sit down and rest my head on his shoulder, hiding a yawn with one of my other hands.

The boss gives me the side eye, which I decide to ignore.

"Mari. Your clothes."

I look down and see that my top is really shredded as well as my shorts.

'When did I change into my extra pair of clothes? And what happened to the clothing I literally just bought?'

"What the fuck happened?" I ask sluggishly and yawn again, slipping off of his shoulder and not awaiting a response.

'I hope I brought a pair of my other clothes...'

I wander around and find my bag and start to ruffle through its contents.

"God fucking damnit. Is this really all I have?" I whisper to myself as I pull out a off the shoulder black dress that ended above my knees.

I sigh and slip out of my clothes, slipping into the dress and throwing away the shredded clothes.

I walk into a crappy bathroom and grab my brush from my bag and brush my hair, freshening up. I leave the bathroom with a yawn and walk into the main room.

Everyone's eyes suddenly swing my way and the silence makes me look around.

"Did I interrupt something?"

Everyone looked tense and Chrollo spoke up.

"Mari. Please stay here with Hisoka."

I pout and glare at Hisoka.

"I'm on babysitting duty? Ughhhh. May I ask why?"

Everyone shifts and Chrollo looks at me. With one finger, he beckons me closer. I walk up to him and he gently pulls me closer to whisper into my ear. I simply plop down into his lap, not caring about how it's perceived.

"Hisoka has betrayed the troupe. If he leaves the hideout, he will die. Along with half our troupe."

My eyes widen and I quickly understand the gravity of the situation.

"God damn. What are you gonna do Rollio?" I whisper into his ear.

He sighs and I understand how much he's been through in the past few days.

"We're staying in York New for awhile."

Chrollo let's me off his lap and announces the the group that they will be temporarily splitting up.

"Make absolutely sure you're never alone."

'God being alone would be better than having to be near Hisoka. And in this outfit too. Just my luck.'

The groups decided, I go and sit next to franklin, crossing my legs and leaning on the comfort of a calm person.

Suddenly Gon and Killua are brought up and I sigh in annoyance. Nobunaga try's to get Chrollo to recruit them and I glare daggers are him, too emotionally and physically tired to be my normal energetic self.