The Chairman And Toto

Then people notice the airship and someone points out that it has the hunter associations symbol on it.

Then someone drops from the ship, landing with quite a bit of power.

This old guy stepped out of the dust, and may I say.

'That was one dramatic entrance.'

Then I hear someone ask who the man is.

Menchi steps forward, "He is the head of the exam committee, and he is responsible for the hunter exam, Chairman Netero."

"Oh I just work behind the scenes. It's not all that impressive. I only intervene in the exams when little issues like this one pop up. Now, dear Menchi."

"Sir!"

"It's come to my attention that you've chosen to fail all this years applicants. Reason being, as I understand it, their general reluctance to challenge the unknown."

'HEY BUDDY BOY, I SAW WHERE YOUR EYES WENT. BETTER WATCH IT OR I WILL GOUGE YOUR EYES OUT!' I silently hissed in my mind, sending the old pervert a dagger filled glare.

It seems he noticed as his eyes temporarily moved to look at me. He notices my glare and refocuses on Menchi's face.

"No... I'm sorry sir but I snapped when a candidate insulted gourmet hunters. And I'm afraid I made the exam harder than necessary," Menchi sighs as she looks down in shame, "But I would like to correct you on the number. One applicant managed to pass even with my unreasonable standards."

"I see, but it seems you're aware that this exam was completely unacceptable." The chairman replies.

"Yes. It's just that I get so emotional when food is involved."

I slightly smile.

'It's your literal life passion. Makes sense.'

Menchi continues, "It seems I'm not suited for this position. So, I must resign as examiner! Please let them retake the second phase."

"Sadly I can't imagine where we'd find another examiner on such short notice."

"My deepest apologies sir." Menchi says as she bows slightly.

"Hold on! I have an idea. You continue serving as examiner, but you yourself must participate alongside this years applicants. Completing whatever challenge you choose!"

Menchi lets out a small shocked sound.

"Well, what do you say? Sound reasonable? Surely that will make the applicants more comfortable with the results."

'I have to admit, this perv is smart. I can see how he is in charge.'

"I suppose you're right. And I have just the thing for the new challenge," Menchi smiles, "we will all be making boiled eggs!"

The other applicants seem confused as to why she would choose something that seems so simple.

"Chairman, since I see you brought your airship, would you mind taking us all to Split Mountain?"

"Split Mountain? Oh I see, yes of course."

The airship lands and all the applicants proceed to board. However I see Menchi send me a look so I stay to the back of the line. Then as the last applicants are boarding, I skip over to where Menchi, Buhara and the chairman are and go to stand next to Buhara.

"This is her?" The chairman says, looking me up and down.

"Hey buddy boy, keep your eyes up here." I say, barely keeping my voice from a growl.