The End Of One Adventure, The Beginning Of The Next

I'm sitting in a lecture hall of sorts sitting on a table cause I don't feel like sitting on a chair.

I'm sitting next to Hisoka for lack of a better spot. I mean, there was one next to Illumi. But I was not going to deal with his ass right now. I needed to make sure I could get out of there as soon as it was needed.

Suddenly Gon walks through the doors.

He continues to walk down and stops next to Illumi.

"Apologize to Killua."

"Sorry? But what for?"

'Illumi you dumb bastard.'

"You don't know what you did wrong?"

"Nope."

'Once again. Illumi you dumb bastard.'

"You're not qualified to be his big brother."

'Hmmmm unfortunately I don't think those things have resumes. But I get what you're saying Gon.'

"I didn't know I had to qualify."

Gon simply grabs his arm and lifts him out of his seat and into the air.

'OHOHOHO, STRONK BOI.'

"Friends don't have to either! He gets to choose."

'Did he just... break his arm? Like I thought earlier. STRONK BOI.'

"Don't bother apologizing. Just take me to see Killua."

"And what will you do?"

"It's obvious. I'll bring him back."

"From the sound of it you must think I kidnapped my little brother."

A few more words are thrown about and then the question of Killua's kill springs into play.

'If only you knew Nen. Then you could back up your claims.'

"This is pointless." I barely hear Gon whisper.

The bickering continues.

"This is completely pointless!"

Everyone silences.

"Why argue about whether somebody should have passed. If your not satisfied that you made it, you can keep working until you are. If Killua wants to retake the hunter exam, then I know he'll pass. He didn't this time. And it is what it is. But still. If you've been forcing Killua to to murder people against his will this whole time, I will never forgive you."

"Never forgive me? So. What will you do?"

"I won't do anything. After I go rescue Killua, I'll never let you see him again."

Illumi reaches out to touch Gon. I'm by his side in a second.

"Now now, don't you remember? You know you're not allowed to touch him. Would you like to see a small example of what happens if you do?"

Before he could respond I undo Zetsu for just a second to gently poke his arm. He goes flying into the wall on the opposite side of the room.

"Oops. Oh well, you seem fine. Shall we get back to the whole 'here are your cards, here are the rules, you can go now' please?"

"Ahem, alright. Let's continue." The chairman says, bringing the attention back to the front.

The orientation continues and I grab Gon and move to sit on Illumi's table, bringing Gon into my lap and loosely wrapping my arms around him.

"Well, we can now certify all eight applicants as licensed hunters. Congratulations."

We head out and Gon spots Illumi.