𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

———✰———

———✰———

It was dark when the bombings started, it alarmed all the Pevensies although when Mrs Pevensie ran through the house to collect her children and necessities. Edmund Pevensie, the second youngest, was staring out at the bright lights and explosions was a gaping mouth.

"Edmund! Get away from there!" The woman shrieked moving Edmund away from the window and shutting the curtains before she called out to her eldest "Peter!" She yelled and said boy ran in before she turned back to Edmund "What do you think you're doing?! Peter, quickly the shelter. Now"

On his mother's command, Peter grabbed the younger boys arms and started attempting to drag him out of the house "Come on" The blonde boy told him as the brunette let out a struggling "Wait" and tried to reach something on to be ignored by Peter who let out a dismissive "Come on, leave it!" and carried on trying to pull the younger boy away from the window and into the bomb shelter.

In the other room laid a little girl no older than ten with her hands over her ears and yelling "mummy!" which alerted the second oldest, Susan who had come in looking for her flashlight and let out a distressed "Lucy, come on!" before she grabbed her little sisters hand and they both started running out the house.

"Come on, quickly!" Mrs Pevensie shouted as she ran towards the shelter with her children behind her.

"Run! Run!" Peter let out as if his siblings would have forgotten to run.

"Hurry!" Susan told her sister who was in front of her and behind their mother and letting out shrieks of "Mum!"

"wait, dad!" Edmund let out finally realising what he had forgotten and ran back towards the house.

"Edmund, no!" The Pevensies mother, Helen, called out to him in worry.

"I'll get him" Peter called back to his mother and sisters as he ran after Edmund.

"Peter, come back" Helen shouted for her other son her distress rising with the number of children that were going into the house.

"Ed! Come here! Edmund!" Peter shouted as he ran after his little brother into the house as the brunette boy grabbed the picture of their father off the table by the front window as Peter let out a "Get down!" and pulled Edmund down as the window exploded letting glass spill over them and their living room.

"Come on you idiot! Get out!" Peter called as he got up and started running back to the shelter shortly followed by his brother who had a picture of their father now.

"Come on! Hurry!" Helen called out to her sons from the doorway of the shelter.

Edmund flung himself through the doorway that lead underground and onto the floor of the bunker followed by Peter who started yelling as soon as they entered "Why can't you think of anyone but yourself? You're so selfish! You could have got us killed!"

"Stop it" Helen ordered looking to her youngest son who was on the floor letting out chocked whimpers with a picture of their father still glued to his hand and carefully sat him up and started to hold him as Peter let out a "Why can't you just do as your told?" before he slammed the shelter door shut.

And as the Pevensie children sat there scared of the outside world and what could have happened that night if they didn't get into the shelter, if only they knew that they had someone looking out for them and they were never to be harmed.