𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

the wardrobe

———✰———

Unfortunately for the Pevensie children, the weather was not on their side, by the time they were all dressed the next day it was raining cats and dogs and it didn't look like it was stopping anytime soon so they all resided to one of the many living rooms in the house.

"Gastrovascular come on, Peter. Gastrovascular." Susan asked.

"Is it Latin?" Peter guessed bored.

"Yes," Susan nodded.

"Is it Latin for worst game ever invented?" Edmund let out playfully as he sat up from under the chair he was carving, his comment made Peter chuckle slightly and Susan slammed the dictionary shut with narrow eyes.

"We could play hide and seek" Lucy piped up hopefully as she moved from the window to where Peter was sitting at.

"But we're already having so much fun," Peter said sarcastically as he looked pointedly as Susan who sighed.

"Come on Peter, please!" Lucy begged before she cocked her head to one side and gave him puppy dog eyes "pretty please?"

"One, two, three, four" Peter started counting which made Lucy smile brightly and Edmund to let out a shocked "What?" as Peter walked to a wall so he could count without peeking as his siblings ran off, including Edmund.

Susan found a box to hide in as the other two ran about the house looking for a hiding spot, eventually, Lucy found a curtain to hide behind but was butted out the way by Edmund who exclaimed "I was here first!" which made Lucy huff and run off to find a hiding space.

Finally, Lucy found a corridor of rooms. She tried the first one...locked. The second one, however, was open which made her smile until she saw the only thing in the small, dusty room was something tall covered in an ivory sheet.

She walked into the room shutting the creaky door behind her apprehensively so that Peter wouldn't know where she had gone, she walked towards the wardrobe noticing that the only other thing in the room was a dying fly on the windowsill which made her frown. She walked towards the object and slid the sheet off of it to reveal a wardrobe. A wardrobe with beautiful carvings of a lion and trees she gasped in awe of it before she opened the door and stepped in looking once more at the closed room door before, she went further in.

Lucy carried on through the coats of the wardrobe the smile slipping off her face at the size of it until she felt something prickly and cold instead of the wood of the wardrobe which made her gasp and turn to find a snowy woods she went through the branches that were blocking her way and caught snow in her hand before she looked up at the snowy sky in awe.

After she looked back to see if she could still see the wardrobe the young girl carried on walking forward more until eventually, she sees a lamppost, with a flickering flame right in the middle of the woods. She puts her hands on it but as soon as her small hands touch the icy pole, she starts to hear footsteps? No hooves, she hears hooves. She looked around her in order to find who is making the noise. Until a faun came around the corner wearing a red scarf and holding a red umbrella, causing them both to scream.