𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐄𝐝𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐞

———✰———

"You look like mum" Lucy complimented looking at her older sister as the two stood by the river.

"Mum hasn't a dress like this since before the war" Susan smiled at her sister.

"We should bring her one back. A whole trunk full!" Lucy exclaimed joyously.

"If we ever get back," Susan said pessimistically making Lucy's smile drop which she noticed "I'm sorry about that. We used to have fun together, didn't we?"

"Yes, before you got boring" Lucy teased smiling again.

"Oh really?" Susan asked teasingly before she splashed Lucy making the young girl squeal and splash her back and the girls got into a water fight. Susan laughed and walked over to a towel hanging on a branch only to reveal a wolf making both the girls scream in shock.

"Please don't run were tired," Maugrim told the girls with a wolf behind him.

"And we'd prefer to kill you quickly" The other wolf joined.

Susan threw the towel at the wolf before she grabbed the horn and blew it alerting Peter, Aslan and Aurelia who quickly ran towards the sound picking up Oreius and a small group of shoulders.

As Peter arrived he saw the two girls struggling to stay up the tree as the two wolves circled beneath it.

"Get back!" Peter warned the wolves gaining their attention.

"Peter! Ah!" Lucy called to her brother in panic as the wolves turned and started to circle him.

"Come on. We've already been through this before. We both know you haven't got it in you." Maugrim provoked the boy.

"Peter! Watch out!" Susan shouted in alarm.

Aslan, Aurelia and the small group of soldiers arrived at the scene and Aslan pinned the second wolf down as the soldiers started to get their weapons out to defeat Maugrim but Aslan stopped them with a calm "No! stay your weapons. This is Peter's battle"

"You may think you're a king, but you're going to die like a dog!" Maugrim spoke lowly before he leapt on Peter making Peter and Maugrim fall to the ground making the sisters and soldiers unaware of who had won the battle.

"Peter!" the two sisters shouted out and jumped down from the tree and pushed the wolf off there brother to reveal a shaken Peter underneath the now dead wolf as the three siblings hugged Aslan let the wolf he had pinned down go and run away.

"Peter. Clean your sword" Aslan ordered the boy who did as he was told before he was knighted and placed his sword in the grass and Aslan's paw slid off his shoulder. "Rise, sir Peter wolfs-bane, knight of Narnia"