𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬

———✰———

Edmund was freezing when he entered the queen's courtyard, but he was hoping that the Queen would give him a coat or wrapped him up in hers like she did last time. As he walked further in, he started to walk through stone figures. He stepped on the remains of a fire in front of a lion which made him look down and pick up a charred log which he used to draw a pair of round glasses and a moustache of the creature making him smile slightly. Edmund continued to walk through the stone-filled courtyard and over, what he assumed to be, a stone wolf until it leapt up and pinned him to the icy floor below growling "be still, stranger, or you'll never move again! Who are you?"

"I'm Edmund! I met the Queen in the woods! She told me to come back here! I'm a son of Adam!" Edmund called out frantically and only at his last sentence did the wolf get off of him.

"hmm. My apologies, fortunate favourite of the queen. Or else, not so fortunate. Right this way" The wolf growled slightly in his low, rough voice.

Edmund started to climb the steep and icy staircase until he got to the top to reveal a throne room. He smiled when he saw the ice throne with the queen's fur jacket draped over it. Edmund and the Wolf, who had finally joined him in the room, walked forwards to the throne.

"wait here" The wolf ordered before he left.

Edmund looked around at the throne room before he walked up to the throne and sat on it smiling widely as he imagined what it would be like to have a throne.

"Like it?" the Queen's voice came from the room entrance that the wolf had left through.

"uh yes, your majesty" Edmund told her as he leapt from the chair and the smile slipped off his face slightly.

"I thought you might. Tell me, Edmund are your sisters deaf?" The queen questioned Edmund making him confused.

"no" Edmund frowned.

"and your brother, is he unintelligent?" the queen carried on.

"well, I think so. But mum says-" Edmund started to ramble but was cut off by the queen shouting "then how dare you come alone!"

"I tried!" Edmund defended.

"Edmund, I asked so little of you," the queen said as if she was a disappointed mother.

"they just don't listen to me!" Edmund defended but the Queen just kept talking "you couldn't even do that"

"I did bring the halfway. They're at the little dam with the beavers" the word vomit just spilt out his mouth he couldn't stop to think what he was saying he just wanted to please the queen.

"well. I suppose you're not a total loss then, are you?" the queen told him, and Edmund walked closer to her as her words got kinder.

"well, I was wondering, could I maybe have some more Turkish delight now?" Edmund asked apprehensively.