𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐲

———✰———

"come on. We don't want to be caught out here after nightfall" Beaver called out to them as the sky was getting darker.

They continued travelling until they came to see a dam in the middle of a frozen pond with smoke rising from the chimney "ah, blimey! Looks like the old girl has got the kettle on. Nice cup o rosy lee." Beaver told them as he carried on towards the house.

"it's lovely" Lucy complimented looking at the dam with a smile on her face.

" it's merely a trifle. Still, plenty to do. Ain't t quite finished it yet. It'll look the business when it is, though" Beaver nodded before they spotted another beaver exiting the dam.

"beaver, is that you? I've been worried sick! If I find out you've been out with Badger again I-" the female Beaver spoke in a huff before she saw the four children looking at her with wide eyes "oh! Well, those aren't badgers. Oh, I never thought I'd live to see this day." She spoke to them before she turned to her husband "look at my fur. You couldn't give me ten minutes warning?"

"I'd have given you a week if I thought it would've helped." Beaver teased his wife making the children chuckle slightly.

"oh, come inside, and see if we cant get you some food, and some civilised company" Mrs Beaver threw back at her husband as she went into the dam followed by Peter, Susan and Lucy.

"enjoying the scenery, are we?" Mr Beaver spoke up at Edmund when he Realised the boy hadn't followed his wife but was looking between the two mountains that the white witches castle laid between, but Edmund just shook off the comment before following his siblings in with Beaver behind him.

———✰———

"isn't there anything we can do to help Mr Tumnus?" Peter spoke up from where he sat at the Beavers table with his sisters and Mr Beaver.

"they'll have taken him to the Witches. you know what they say. There's few that go through them gates that come out again." Beaver said solemnly.

"fish 'n' chips" Mrs Beaver announced as she placed the meal on the table until she noticed Lucy's sad face and said "but there is hope, dear. Lots of hope."

Mr Beaver coughed before he said "oh, yeah, there's a right bit more than hope! Aslan is on the move! With the help of Aurelia!"

The children looked confused as Edmund came towards them from his place on the stairs.

"who's Aslan?" Edmund asked confused as to who this person and what Aurelia had to do with it.

"who's Aslan?" Mr Beaver started laughing "you cheeky little blighter" Beaver carried on before his wife elbowed him to make him stop "what?" he asked before he looked to the childrens confused faces.