𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

———✰———

Once all the Pevensies had gone to bed Lucy got back up and grabbed her wellies from under the bed to put on and took the candle on her bedside and walked back towards the room that held the wardrobe. What Lucy didn't notice was Edmund come out of the bathroom after her and follow.

He followed her as she walked through the door to the Spare room. As Lucy opened the wardrobe door the cold breeze that came from within blew the candle out making Lucy grin before she climbed in.

Shortly after Edmund got there smiling slightly when he realised that Lucy was already in the wardrobe "Lucy. Where are you?" he played along before he opened the wardrobe door with a "boo!" thinking she would be there. His smile slightly dropped when he realised, she wasn't so he too got into the wardrobe.

"Lucy. Hope you're not afraid of the dark." He called out shutting the wardrobe door behind him, "Lucy? Lucy? Lucy!" he turned around in case she was tucked in with one of the coats he had passed but quickly fell back into the snowy ground of Narnia which made his eyes widen he quickly got up and started calling for Lucy again although the teasing was now gone, "Lucy. Where are you? Lucy. I think I believe you now!"

Edmund walked past the Lamppost officially in Narnia before he heard bells ringing "Lucy. Lucy?" he called out hopefully. But instead of Lucy's childish voice, he heard a rather annoying sounding "yah!" followed by a whipping sound which made Edmund throw himself out the way as the sleigh came to a stop just in front of where he was once standing he realised that something was coming out and started to run away only to be leapt on by the dwarf who held a knife to his throat.

"Oh! Leave me alone!" Edmund yelled at the dwarf on top of him.

"What is it now, Ginarrbrik?" A calm voice yelled out from the Sleigh, but all that Edmund could see was a silhouette and the top of what looked like something made from ice.

"Make him let me go! I didn't do anything wrong!" Edmund pleaded with the woman in the sleigh.

"How dare you address the queen of Narnia" Ginarrbrik spat at the boy who was still under him.

"I didn't know!" Edmund bit back defensively.

"You will know her better hereafter" the dwarf yelled raising the knife from the boy's neck and above his heart as if he was about to stab him which made Edmund close his eyes in fear but the dwarf froze and looked over to his left which made Edmund open his eyes and follow where the dwarf was looking to a tall pale woman in an ice white dress she had a plain face but was beautiful at the same time and her blonde locks held an ice crown on her head.

"What is your name, son of Adam?" The queen spoke to the boy as he sat up after the dwarf clambered off of him, the way she spoke and looked was hard and powerful but held a sort of softness that deceived Edmund.