𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

———✰———

The Pevensies were now adult and had ruled the lands golden age happily for many years and were currently chasing down the white stag through the woods that they didnt recognise anymore.

"are you alright, Phillip?" Edmund asked his horse that had served him well after all this time.

"I'm not as young as I once was" Phillip answered back breathlessly.

"come on, Ed" Susan said as she rode back to him with her siblings behind her.

"just catching my breath" Edmund told her.

"what did he say again, Susan?" Lucy asked her older sister playfully.

"you girls wait in the castle. I'll get the stag myself" Susan mocked her little brother teasingly making them all laugh before Peter noticed something and got of his horse.

"what is this?" Peter asked curiously as they all got off their horses to stare at the vine covered lamp post. "it seems familiar"

"as if from a dream" Susan nodded.

"or a dream of a dream. Spare Oom" Lucy murmured before she ran off.

"Lucy!" Peter called as her siblings ran after the youngest.

"not again" Susan huffed.

"Lu?" Peter asked his sister.

"come on!" the girl pushed past the branches that were getting denser and turning into fur coats none of the children noticing the girl in pink standing by the entrance smiling, perhaps they did still need her.

"these aren't branches" Peter commented curiously as they walked through the wardrobe.

"ow! Ooh!" Edmund exclaimed.

"they're coats" Susan answered Peter.

"Susan, you're on my foot!" Edmund exclaimed.

"Peter, move off!" Lucy shouted.

"stop shoving!" Peter told them not noticing how there voices were changing.

"stop it! I'm not on your toe" Edmund shouted.

The children all fell out of the wardrobe with there memories of what had happened flooding back to them perfectly as they inspected themselves in shock before the professor walks in with a knowing glint in his eye.

"oh! There you are" the professor smiled knowingly "what were you all doing in the wardrobe?"

The four siblings glanced at one another before peter answered. "you wouldn't believe us if we told you, sir"

"try me" the professor smiled getting their attention before he threw the cricket ball to Peter.

———✰———

Later that night Lucy returned to the wardrobe and looked inside in hopes of seeing Narnia again or if Aurelia could help but a voice made her turned around "I don't think you'll get back in that way. You see I've already tried" the professor told her smiling almost sadly.

"will we ever go back?" Lucy asked hopefully.

"oh, I expect so. But it'll probably happen when you're not looking for it. All the same" he bent down and whispered the last sentence "best keep your eyes open."

As the two walked out the room hand in hand the wardrobe opened a crack and a light shined out and Aslans roar was heard, and a blow of pink blossom petals come through. Although neither of the two who were in the room heard it and the petals would be gone by the morning