𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

———✰———

The next day it was finally sunny so the Pevensie children were spending time outside the three eldest Pevensies were playing Cricket while Lucy was reading a book under a nearby tree still upset about what had happened in the night.

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket" Peter announces as he throws the ball only for it to hit Edmunds leg who was staring into space which made Lucy smile slightly.

"Ow!" Edmund complained rubbing his leg.

"Whoops! Wake up, Dolly Daydream" Peter told him chuckling slightly.

"Why can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund asked in hopes of visiting Narnia again his sentence caught Lucy's attention again who simply pouted slightly.

"I thought you said it was a kids game." Peter pointed out.

"Besides we could all use the fresh air," Susan added smiling.

"It's not like there isn't air inside" Edmund grumbled.

"Are you ready?" Peter asked his little brother trying to get back to the game of cricket.

"Are you?" Edmund asked back hitting his bat on the ground in preparation.

Peter pitched the ball, hard, and Edmund batted it away from him into the upstairs window which made Lucy look up shocked and slightly smiling in amusement.

———✰———

"Well done Ed" Peter spat sarcastically to his brother as they looked at the broken window and the knocked over the suit of armour.

"You bowled it!" Edmund defended before they heard Mrs Macready shout "what on earth is goin' on?"

"The Macready" Susan whisper shouted as they heard loud clacking on hills.

"Run!" Peter shouted as they started running around the house to get away from the clacking footsteps.

They ran upstairs through one of the houses living rooms but as Edmund stood in the hallway he realised he could hear Mrs Macready's footsteps very loudly and ordered: "back, back, back."

Peter ran ahead and lead them to a door where he quietly shushed them and put his ear to the door exclaiming, "she's faster than she looks" which made the others laugh before Susan started to lead them somewhere else where they could still hear her which made Lucy take the lead back down the stairs they had just followed Susan up Lucy stopped in the hallway to listen where the footsteps were coming from before she turned down the hall until Peter took the lead again. Eventually, they had made it to the hallway where the wardrobe was hidden in one of the rooms. Edmund realised this and quickly opened the Spare Oom which revealed the wardrobe. Which he ran towards and opened.