𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬

———✰———The beavers led the Pevensies across a mass of flat snowy land although the beavers were further ahead then the Pevensies who were finding it harder to trek through the snow "come on, humans! While we're still young"

———✰———
The beavers led the Pevensies across a mass of flat snowy land although the beavers were further ahead then the Pevensies who were finding it harder to trek through the snow "come on, humans! While we're still young"

"If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big, fluffy hat." Peter joked as he bent down to give Lucy a piggyback making his sisters chuckle at him.

"hurry up! Come on!" Mr Beaver spoke up again with more urgency in his voice.

"he is getting a little bossy!" Lucy admitted reluctantly.

"no! behind you! It's her!" Mrs Beaver told them making the three look behind them to see a sleigh which made Lucy leap off Peters back as they started running.

"run! Run!" Beaver encouraged and Peter joined in to get Lucy to hurry with his own run!

"Hurry!" Peter shouted as he and the others came to a small cave-like bump in the ground.

"inside! Dive! Dive!" Mr Beaver said as the Pevensies started to crawl in.

"quick! Quick, quick, quick!" Mrs Beaver ushered as the group crawled in.

As the groups breathing slowed down, they realised they could no longer hear the sleigh nor could they hear footsteps, of voices. "Maybe she's gone" Lucy spoke making them shush her as they started to hear soft footsteps before someone appeared in front of them making them gasp.

"oh, I hope you three have been good" the person spoke kindly with a large smile on her face making the Pevensies breath out in relief at the sight of Aurelia.

"Aurelia" they breathed out in relief as the Beavers realised who the girl in the pink dress was.

"well come on then. Aren't you going to see whos here to see you?" Aurelia told them before she walked away making the group get out with confused faces until they saw Aurelia standing next to a man in red with a long white beard laughing with joy.

"Merry Christmas, sir" Lucy smiled at father Christmas.

"it certainly is, Lucy, since you arrived" the man smiled his rosy cheeks matching Aurelias

"look, I've put up with a lot since I got here, but this" Susan spoke her throughs aloud.

"We thought you were the witch" Peter confessed to the man.

"yes, yes, I'm sorry about that, but in my defence, I have been driving one of these longer than the witch." Father Christmas told her his smile dropping slightly but Aurelias soft, bright smile never faltered.

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia?" Susan spoke recounting what Lucy had told them.

"no. not for a long time. But the hope that you have brought, your majesties, is finally starting to weaken the witch's power. Still, I dare say you could do with these" the jolly man spoke before he grabbed a sack out of his sleigh.

"presents!" Lucy spoke and ran to him in joy making Aurelia laugh with the same childish expression as Lucy had.

Father Christmas showed her, what almost looked like a heart-shaped vial, with dark red liquid in the juice of the fire-flower. "One drop will cure any injury. And though I hope you never have to use it" he trailed off before he presented the girl with a small dagger.

"thank you, sir, but I think I could be brave enough." Lucy thanked the man before she walked back to her siblings and the beavers.

"I'm sure you could. But battles are ugly affairs. Susan" he called for the girl who walked towards him and he held out a bow and a quiver full of arrows "trust in this bow and it will not easily miss."

"What happened to battles are ugly affairs?" Susan repeated his earlier sentence making the man smile but not answer.

"though you don't seem to have a problem making yourself heard," he presented her with an ivory horn that almost looked like a dragon or Lion "blow on this horn and wherever you are, help will come."

"thanks" she smiled before she stepped back to her siblings and Peter stepped forwards. Father Christmas presented him with a shining silver shield that had a red lion on it and a sword in his scabbard which Peter pulled out to reveal its beauty.

"Peter. The time to use these may be near at hand" Father Christmas spoke to the blonde boy making Aurelia look down in almost sadness.

"thank you, sir." Peter thanked and stepped back to his siblings.

"these are tools, not toys. Bear them well and wisely. Now, I must be off. Winter is almost over, and things do pile up when you've been gone a hundred years. Long live Aslan!" The man spoke brightly before he clambered into his sleigh and rode off calling a and Merry Christmas

"Merry Christmas!" Lucy shouted back.

"Merry Christmas, sir!" Susan greeted.

"bye, sir! See you next year!" Peter bid.

"ha ha ha!" Mrs Beaver chuckled and Aurelia smiled brightly at the happiness on their faces.

"told you he was real," Lucy said smugly to her sister.

"remember" Aurelia spoke gaining their attention "winters almost over." She spoke each word pointedly before she disappeared in front of there eyes leaving only the pink petals in the place she was once standing.

"winters almost over" Peter repeated looking over at his siblings in horror "you know what that means. No more ice." He said before the group ran to the river.