𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚

———✰———

The boys were standing ready for battle feeling less confident when they heard that Aurelia was dead, and Aslan had gone somewhere to retrieve her body. Peter and Oreius were standing at the front of there army and Edmund was standing in the rocks alongside the beavers.

"They come, your highness, in numbers and weapons far greater than our own." A griffin told Peter after he had soared over the witchs army.

"Numbers do not win battles" Oreius reminded Peter when he saw how sacred the boy looked.

"No. But I bet they help" Peter commented.

The witches army arrived so they could finally see it. It was bigger than Peter imagined, the witch pulled up in a chariot pulled by polar bears and dressed like Aslan as if mocking the great cat. At the size of the army Peter looked back at Edmund who nodded in reassurance which made the blonde boy draw his sword making his army cheer.

The queens army started to charge to his and Peter a signal which made Mr Beaver speak to Edmund and say "go on!"

The griffins that were next to Peter took of and soared of the witchs army dropping boulders on them as they charged.

"Are you with me?" Peter asked Oreius.

"To the death" the centaur returned.

"For Narnia and for Aslan and for Aurelia!" Peter shouted for the true king of Narnia before he charged with his army shouting "For Aurelia!" following him.

———✰———

The two sisters had fallen asleep over Aurelia's body but had finally awoken failing to notice the flowers that had grown around the them and the dead girl.

"We should go" Susan told Lucy.

"I'm so cold" Lucy shivered pulling the cloak around her tighter before Susan helped her off the table and started walking away although they didnt get far.

The ground started shaking and they heard a cracking sound making Lucy turn to see the table that Aurelia had once been laying on was now cracked and empty. "Susan!" Lucy called making Susan turn to see the table. "Where's Aurelia?"

"What have they done?" Susan asked sounding a little angry but before either of them could say anything else the sun shone in their eyes before Aurelia revealed herself in the stone archway with a smile on her face.

"Aurelia!" the girls shouted in joy before they ran around the stone table and threw themselves at Aurelia making her smile brightly.

"But we saw the knife. The Witch..." Susan stuttered.

"If the Witch knew the true meaning of sacrifice, she might have interpreted the deep magic differently. That when a willing victim who has committed no treachery is killed in a traitors stead, the stone table will crack and even death itself will turn backwards" Aurelia explained softly.