𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

𝐀𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐩

———✰———

Edmund stood with the witch and Ginarrbrik looking down at the fast-moving river that his siblings had crossed.

"it's so warm out" Ginarrbrik spoke shrugging his coat off but the witch sent him a sharp look which made him stop and shrugged his coat back on making Edmund smirk slightly which quickly disappeared when one of the witches wolves approached them with a fox in his mouth.

"your majesty. We found the traitor. He was rallying your enemies near the shuddering woods." The wolf introduced as he dropped the fox.

"ah. Nice of you to drop in. You were so helpful to my wolves last night. Perhaps you can help me now" The witch told the fox.

"forgive me, your majesty" the fox bowed to the two.

"oh, don't waste my time with flattery" the queen spat at the fox.

"not to seem rude, but I wasn't actually talking to you," The fox said dismissively as he looked at Edmund making the witch look between the two before she twirled her wand and pointed it at the fox.

"where are the humans headed," the witch asked but the fox refused to answer so the witch raised her wand about to turn him to stone but Edmund ran in front to protect him.

"wait! No! Don't. The beaver said something about the stone table, and that Aslan had an army there." He spoke quickly and didn't think his sentence through properly until the fox gave him a look that made him realise the consequences of what he had just said.

"an army? Thank you, Edmund. I'm glad this creature got to see some honesty before he dies" the witch spoke maliciously before she turned the fox to stone making Edmund call out "no!" which made the witch slap him across the face causing his lip to bleed.

"think about whose side you're on, Edmund. Mine" the witch said before turning to the stone fox "or theirs?" Edmunds eyes flooded with tears go on ahead. "Gather the faithful. If its a war he wants... its a war he shall get!" as she spoke, her last sentence she turned a butterfly to stone in anger.

———✰———

As the Pevensies made their way to the camp no longer wearing socks or jumpers. As they pass a tree a dryad forms made from pink petals that reminds Lucy of the ones Aurelia leaves behind, the dryad waves to the little girl and she waves back before following the others.

As they walk through the camp centaurs, bears and fauns all stop what there doing to watch as the children pass them.

"Why are they all staring at us?" Susan asked confused.

"maybe they think you look funny" Lucy giggled making her older siblings look at her with a smile.

"oi, stop fussing. You look lovely" Mr Beaver tells his wife sweetly making her stop trying to clean up her fur.

They stop in front of the main tent where a centaur stands guard. Peter holds out his sword to the sky and announced "we have come to see Aslan"

As Peter finished his sentence a gust of wind opens the tent flap and outcomes a powerful lion followed by Aurelia who smiled happily at the Pevensies with a child-like glint in her eyes at the sight of the children who were now kneeling in front of them with the beavers. Along with the rest of the camp.

"Welcome, Peter, son of Adam. Welcome, Susan and Lucy, daughters of Eve. And welcome to you Beavers. You had my thanks. But where is the fourth?" Aslan spoke making the smile of Aurelia's face falter slightly and the Pevensies stood up.

"that's why we're here, sir. We need your help" Peter admitted.

"We had a little trouble along the way," Susan added.

"our brothers been captured by the white witch," Peter told the regal lion.

"captured? How could this happen?" Aslan asked sparing a glance at the magical girl next to him who only returned his look with a sad one that made her look slightly like a kicked puppy.

"he betrayed them, your majesty" Beaver confessed making the camp go into an uproar.

"then he has betrayed us all!" the Centaur guard spoke up.

"peace, Oreius." Aurelia ordered gently as Aslan nodded and said: "I'm sure there's an explanation."

"it's my fault, really. I was too hard on him." Peter told the lion sounding apologetic.

"We all were" Susan agreed resting her hand on Peter's shoulder.

"Sir, he's our brother," Lucy said pleadingly.

"I know, dear one. But that only makes the betrayal all the worse. This may be harder than you think" Aslan said gravely.

———✰———

Once Aurelia took the Pevensies to there tents so they could get changed into some clean, Narnian clothes before Peter started to talk with Aslan and Aurelia overlooking the camp and his two sisters played by a stream.

"that is Cair Paravel, the castle of the four thrones. And one of them will be yours Peter where you will be high king" Aurelia said brightly but peter did not answer her.

"you doubt the prophecy?" Aslan asked the silent boy.

"no. that's just it. I'm not what you two think I am" Peter told them.

"Peter Pevensie, formerly from Finchley. Beaver also mentioned you planned on turning him into a hat" Aslan chuckled. "Peter, there is a deep magic, more powerful than any of us that rules all of Narnia. It defines right from wrong and governs all of our destinies. Yours, Aurelias and mine" Aslan told him softly.

"but I couldn't even protect my own family," Peter said sadly.

"you brought them safely this far," Aurelia told him.

"not all of them" Peter reminded.

"Peter, I will do whatever it takes to get your brother back safely," Aurelia told him making said boy smile at her thankfully.

———✰———

Unfortunately for Edmund he was currently tied and gagged to a tree as Ginarrbrik tormented him "is our little prince uncomfortable? Does he want his pillow fluffed? Special treatment for the special boy? Isn't that what you wanted?"