3

Shuichi POV

"This is akward" I whispered to Kaede. Right now we're in a restaurant for Maki and Kaito's date. They started flirting with each other and I'm surprised Maki hasn't murdered Kaito yet. I'm more surprised that Maki is flirting back.

"I know right" we both smile akwardly. Even though I say akward mostly all the time, I hate being akward. I hate the word akward. It reminds me of how much I'm a failure when it comes to confidence.

"Here's you- wait, you guys again?" We looked up at our waitress and it was... Kokichi?!
"Kokichi?! Why are you on a dress?" Kaede asked shocked. "I wanna be a waiter but they only need a waitress" he sighed sadly.

"But hey! I still got chosen to work here cause don't I look like a cute loli?" He grins. "Yeah you actually do" he blushes.
"Your lucky we aren't at school" he mumbles then places our food on the table. Kaito and Maki finally stopped flirting.

"Hey it's you again!" Kaito exclaimed. The boy rolled his eyes. "Yeah it's me"
"Kokichi!" A boy in the kitchen called out for him. "Wait" he fixes his outfit before walking back to the kitchen.
"I can't believe he wears a skirt in work" Kaede mumbles. "He actually looks cute" the girl beside me grins and I stiffened. Oh no...

"You're totally gay for him!" I sigh in relief. The last time she grinned like that, she made me sing  'Crazy in love' by Beyonce in the streets. It was embarrassing. "I bet you're totally lesbian for Tsumugi" she blushes. "Oh shut up" I smile.

"Sidekick eat up! We're going (plus ultra) to eat a lot tonight!" I grabbed two plates for me and Kaede. "I hope none of our stomachs blows up tonight" Kaede laughs.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Maki and Kaito left so they can go to the park before it really gets dark. So it's just me and Kaede talking. "We should go now. The restaurant is closing early and we don't want to get locked in" I joked and she laughs. We started walking back home.

"Gah! Let go of me!" That voice..
"Hey!" I looked at Kaede and sure enough she was thinking the same thing. "L-lets go" we hurried to a corner in the streets and sure enough, there was Kokichi still on a dress that was pinned on a wall by a stranger.

"Hey let go of him!" Kaede yells out. The stranger looks at the two of us. "Get away you freaks. Me and my girlfriend here is talking" wow. Even some people thinks he's a girl. "L-let go of h-him" I screwed up. I stuttered.

"Haha! What are you gonna do about it heh?" The stranger smirks at me. Kokichi looks at him angrily then... "Oh my god" Kaede nearly laughed, almost ruining her angry look. He kicked him on his ding dong. The stranger fell on the floor holding it while he ran up to us.

"Gh! You brat!"
"We should just walk away from here" we both nod. Soon we were away from the corner, away from that man.

Kaede seemed to notice how sad and quiet I am. "Are you okay Shuichi?"
"Yeah, I'm fine" the boy on a dress laughs.

"Thats the worst lie I have ever heard yet!" Kaede looks at him. "What do you mean?"

"I'm a liar myself so I know when others are lying" he says proud of himself. I wish I was proud of myself. "Anyway what's wrong?" He smiles kindly at me making me blush. Kaede whispers in my ear, "stop being so gay" I blushed even more.

"W-well, I didn't got to help you. And I'm called a Detective"
"What do you mean?"
"I stuttered ruining our tough looks" the boy laughs again.

"Oh come on! You were a perfect distraction! Without you I didn't got to do what was on my bucket list!"
"What?" Kaede asked confused.
"I wanted to kick a guy on their you know"

"Wow that's crazy"
"Ikr"

We stopped by Kaede's house. She waved goodbye and went back inside.
"Where do you live?"
"Still far away" he points forward.
"O-oh. Stay safe young lady" he blushes.
"I swear to god" we both laugh before it was my turn to go back home.

I opened the door and went inside. At the living room was my uncle watching TV. My uncle is also a Detective. He inspired me to become what I am today.
"So, who's your girlfriend?" I blush.
"H-" i stopped my self.

"She's just a friend"