16

I have a few chapters to post I've just got to edit them...

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N, I need a favour." Mikey said as soon as I walked in.

"Are you always greeted like this?" Lyndsey joked.

"You'd be surprised. What's up, Moikey?" I took my jacket off and he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the basement.
"If you're gonna kill me are you really gonna make me walk downstairs first?"

"Shush, come on. It's a surprise." Lyndsey laughed a little as she followed us down. I was confused when the rest of the band were already down there.

"You said favour then changed it to surprise. Should I be scared?" I asked.

"Probably." Bob shrugged.

"We got you a little present or two." Gerard said proudly and I narrowed my eyes at him. He pulled a small black notebook out from behind his back and my eyes widened considerably.

"Gerard Arthur Way, you bastard! I threw that away years ago! Where'd you even get it?" I tried to take it off of him, but he threw it to Ray, who held it up high.

"Y/N, that notebook has been an inspiration to over half the songs we've written." Gerard said and I glared at him.
"I found it the day you threw it away and kept it. I thought it was a diary at first and was going to use it as leverage to convince you to buy me food, but then I found out it was your songbook."

"This is not a present, this is torture!" I groaned.
"There's a reason I threw that away, because none of it makes sense."

"So?" Gerard smiled.

"This next present better not be my lucky charm from 8th grade, or I might actually kill you." I muttered and Frank grinned.

"You has a lucky charm in 8th grade?" He asked and I glared at him.

"I will cut you, Iero, don't test me." He held his hands up in mock surrender and Gerard went over to the back wall, pulling a sheet off what appeared to be a piece of furniture.
"Nope. Not happening."

"A piano?" Lyndsey asked in confusion.

"I gave up playing the day I threw away that piece of trash notebook." I said, looking Gerard dead in the eye.

"Why?" Ray asked.

"Because I'm bad at it." I shrugged.

"She messed up during a performance at school." Mikey said.
"She only got two notes mixed up, but stopped playing."

"It was embarrassing." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Y/N, please?" Gerard asked.
"I'm working on a song and I really think a piano would fit nicely and I really want you to do it."

"Why?"

"Because I love and appreciate you and if you play I'll buy you ice cream?" He smiled and I let out a groan.

"You owe me a lot of fucking ice cream." I sighed and he grinned. I walked over to the piano, glaring at it slightly.
"How the Hell did you even get this down here?"

"Magic." Bob shrugged and I sat down, thinking what I should play.

"What about the one you used to play whenever Mikey couldn't sleep?" Gerard suggested and I knew he always liked that one.

"Gee, I haven't played in like... 6 years." I sighed and he looked at me with pleading eyes.
"Fine."

"Yay!" He clapped his hands like an excited 5 year old.

"J.S. Bach isn't easy to play with practice." I said, mostly to myself as I began playing 'Aria Da Capo'.
I was partially amazed I still remembered the notes, my fingers dancing over the keys with ease as if I had played yesterday. I messed up a little half way through, cursing under my breath as I continued, messing up at the end and just giving up.
"See what I mean? I gave up for a reason." I turned around, shocked at the reactions of the six people.
Ray and Bob both had peaceful smiles on their faces, Frank looked shocked, Gerard and Lyndsey looked proud and Mikey looked as if he was going to burst into tears.

"That was... Wow." Frank said and I felt heat rising to my cheeks.

"I screwed up, I don't know why you're surp-" I was cut off by Mikey pulling me into a hug and I smiled slightly.

"You don't give yourself enough credit." Lyndsey smiled.
"That was beautiful."

"So will you do it? The piano for the new song?" Gerard asked hopefully.

"Yeah, I guess, but don't kill me when I screw it up." I sighed.

"You won't." Mikey muttered and I rubbed his back.