22

Y/N's P.O.V. 

I lazily reached for my phone, groaning as I answered it.

"What's up?" I yawned, Gerard muttering something inaudible behind me.

"Y/N- fuck!" Frank said, panicked.
"You both need to get here, now. Somethings happened, I don't know. You weren't answering."

"Calm down. Shit, Gee, wake up." I hit my boyfriend and he groaned.

"What?" He muttered, sitting up.

"Y/N, I'm being serious. I something is happening with Lyndsey, doctors are rushing in and out of her room." He said, rushed.

"Yeah, we're coming now." I hung up and got out of bed, getting dressed.
"Gerard, something's wrong. Come on."
We were in the car less than 2 minutes later, the clock on my phone telling me it was barely 4AM.
More than likely breaking most of the speed limits, we rushed to the hospital and towards Lyndsey's room.
"What's happening?" I asked and Ray wrapped his arms around me as Frank walked over to Gerard.
"Ray? What's going on?"

"She's gone, Y/N." He said sadly and my whole body tensed up.

"What? Oh God- I wasn't here. We weren't here." I muttered, looking at Gerard, seeing him hugging Frank.
"The baby?"

"She's okay from what we've been told. Born prematurely, but doctors think she's gonna be okay." Ray said and tears formed in my eyes.
"Mikey is with her now."

"Fuck! We weren't here!" I shouted, annoyed at myself more than anything.

"Y/N, it's not your fault." Ray said and I backed off, dropping down into one of the chairs and putting my head in my hands.

"I should have been here. I told Lyndsey I'd be here!" I pulled at my hair in frustration as tears rolled down my face, before hands wrapped around my wrists. I looked up at Gerard and he pulled me up into a hug. I hid my face in the crook of his neck and cried. His head landed on my shoulder and I felt my tee becoming damp with his tears.
"I thought she had more time." I sobbed and he pulled me closer as we just stood there, crying.

"Hey, I think you should go and meet your daughter, she really needs her parents." Frank said and Gerard and I separated slightly, but he kept a firm grip on one of my hands.
"Mikey's already there, but she needs you both."

"Y/N?" Gerard asked and I nodded, wiping my face with the palm of my free hand, knowing I looked like shit, but not caring.

"We'll just be through here." Ray said and Frank gave us a brief description of where to go. We found Mikey talking to a doctor, but he immediately excused himself and came over to us.

"I don't know if to congratulate you or cry." He said tiredly and Gerard hugged him, before I did.

"Go and get some sleep, Mikes. Tell the others to go too." Gerard said, his voice calm.
"Thank you."

"Anytime, Gee. Call if you need anything, okay?" We nodded and he walked off. The doctor came up to us with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Mr. and Mrs. Way. Would you like to meet your daughter?" Gerard nodded, neither of us bothering to correct her. We followed her through to the next room, where there was a tiny baby in what looked like a plastic cage. It made me want to cry.
"Considering she was born considerably early, Bandit Lee is doing very well. She won't have to stay in here very long. She'll be able to go home after a few days."

"Bandit Lee?" Gerard asked and confusion crossed the woman's face.

"Yes. The mother named her that before she passed. Bandit Lee Way." I gave Gerard's hand a small squeeze.

"It's perfect." I said quietly and he nodded, his eyes tearing up.

"I'll give you some time alone." She left and Gerard let out a sob. I wrapped my arms around him and somehow didn't cry as I kept my eyes on the tiny figure.

"She's perfect." He said after a few minutes, breaking the hug and putting one of his hands against the plastic.

"We're not leaving her side." I said without thinking.
"One of us have to be here."

"Yeah. I can't not be here if something happens." He muttered and I put my head on his shoulder.

"Nothing will happen." I said, not sure who I was trying to convince.