Epilogue

The month leading up to our wedding was a haze of planning, decision making, and excitement. Picking out the colors for the flowers and decorations. Fittings for our suits, that we eventually had to start doing separately because Thomas swore he couldn't keep his hands off me in my fitted pink suit. And practices for our first dance which usually involved me crying in frustration at my lack of coordination, and his quiet reassurances and gentle hand to guide me.

Traces of whispered conversations at midnight came to mind, when I thought back on the month. Hopes and plans, and rants about our hectic day. Thomas' calm voice that never failed to quiet me, even in my most agitated state.

He let me plan everything exactly how I wanted it, wrapping his arms around me from behind to read my notes that I was constantly scribbling down so I wouldn't forget details. If I ever asked his opinion, it was always whatever would make me happy. He said he has everything he wanted, and if the wedding was how I wanted it, then he knew it would be perfect.

The actual wedding felt like a blur of colors, emotions, and people I could barely focus on or remember. I had eyes only for Thomas. Thomas, who surprised me by wearing the pink tie he saw me eyeing in the earlier that month, and who couldn't watch me walk up the aisle without crying.

Both of us were teary eyed during the vows, and I remember clutching his hands like they were my lifeline. I've never been looked at the way he looked at me during our vows.

I hadn't expected Thomas to be as emotional as he was. I even pulled him aside halfway through the reception to wipe away his tears. He said he was lucky to have me, but I don't think he realizes just how lucky I am to have him. I told him as much, but his eyes didn't believe me.

For weeks I practiced and practiced the steps to our first dance, scared of embarrassing myself when only we were dancing, but as soon as he walked me out to the dance floor, all of that didn't seem to matter. All the matter was our bodies pressed together, foreheads touching while Thomas whispered the words of the song to me. "One and Only" by Adele. It was Thomas' choice, the only thing he planned for the wedding.

I don't remember much about the rest of the night. I remember distracting some of the photographers so that they would leave Elliot alone. It was his first public appearance since he married Jasper, and you could see how shocked they were at the changes they saw. I pulled Thomas into a deep enough kiss that the photographers were distracted, and Elliot made his get away. Thomas didn't even notice what was happening, but he wasn't complaining.

I remember feeling exhausted, but happier then I'd ever felt when we finally got into the limo to take us to our hotel for the night. I had no idea where we were flying to the next day, but I didn't care because Thomas would be there, and I didn't need anything else.

My head found its place in his shoulder, his breath fanning the top of my hair. His hand traced some design on my thigh that I was too sleepy to make out. Maybe it was no design at all. Just a way to be closer to me then we already were.

I closed my eyes, and tried to take in all the emotions and feelings of the day. Focused on his hand on my thigh, and his other hand playing gently with my hair. And then it hit me that I felt at peace. Even after all the stress that come during and leading up to a wedding. Even if I didn't know what the future held for us, the way I felt in his arms, I knew that whatever came, we would be able to face it together.

A thought came to me, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"What?" He smiled into my hair, and I tilted my head and I look at him.

"I was just thinking about something."

"Yeah? Want to share?" His voice was deep and quiet. Our faces were much to close for anything above a whisper.

"About when I first met you."

"Oh." His eyes lost some of their animation.

"Stop that." I took his face in my hand. "I wasn't thinking anything bad. I was just laughing at something I thought at the time." He waited for me to continue

"I was just thinking how funny it was that when I first met you, I was sure that you were straight."

He smiled, tilting his head in a way that had become so familiar to me. It was a reminiscent, almost sad smile.

"Well, that's what I was trying to make people believe."

"And what about now?" His smile lost its sadness, his eyes looked almost mischievous as he leaned even closer to me.

"Fuck what people think."

I hoped my eyes told him just how proud I was of him.

"I was thinking about the words of your tattoo." I nodded, thinking back on the first time he saw it.

"The song is Angel Haze's version of "Same Love". I never really told you that." He nodded.

"I listened to it. In some ways, I like her version more then the original."

"Her version is more personal. You can tell it's her story."

"'Here's to who you'll be when you figure it all out.'" Thomas quoted, fingers tracing my tattoo through the fabric of my suit.

"You know, we must have been meant for each other. It feels like you had those words tattooed just for me. And if it hadn't been for you, I know I wouldn't have figured it all out. Who knows, if we hadn't gotten married, you might still have thought that I was the 'straight' prince."

"You know what I thought the minute your dad said I was going to marry you?"

"No. What?"

I laughed, remembering how shocked I had been that day, when my life had changed in ways I could never have imagined possible.

"Of all the hot princes I could marry, why the straight one?"

The End

So, that's it. That's the end of a story that I've spent the past 13 months writing. I can't believe what this book has turned into, and honestly, most of it was unplanned, and at times, I was just as surprised at you when the plot twisted 😂😂😂

I can't thank you all enough for your support and the love you have shown my book throughout this time. I can't believe this is actually the end.

I know I promised a chapter and an epilogue, but really, it worked to end here, and I didn't want to add more just for the sake of adding it.

But, the second book in this series is already published. It's Elliot's book, and it's called Hurt People.

That's the cover, and I hope you will check out the prologue and give that book as much love as you have given this book

These are the books I have planned for the series:

Book #1 Why the Straight One?
Book #2 Hurt People
Book #3 Uneasy {Jonathan's book}
Book #4 Good Enough {Jay and Cam's book}
Book #5 {I don't have a title yet, but I really want to write a book for Little Walter when he grows up. I have it all planned out, I just need to finish these other ones first}

I hope you will check these books out too when I am working on them, and once again, I can't thank you enough for reading and supporting this book. This book would be nothing without you guys.