Chapter 2: Almost A Slytherin

I know I don't usually do shout-outs but... meh. Anyways, you should check out Fanfictionist2004 . They have good storyline ideas and the stories they write are good to read in free time, so I'd recommend their story called Prongslet. I've read it a couple of times by this time. Anyways, onto the story:

"Woah! He's huge!" Ron exclaimed.
"That's rude, Ronald!" Hermione scolded.
"You sound like my mother..." Ron mumbled.
"Well, you would probably need your mother if you are going to insult a member of staff!" Hermione retorted.
"I wasn't insulting him! I was just pointing it out!" Ron reiterated.
"Break it off, you two. It would be better not to fight before we even get to the express." Harry stepped in. He was used to this fighting because him and Jason were like this and he always would be grateful whenever Abigail stepped in.

"Firs' years onto 'he boats!" The giant man bellowed. Hermione decided to go onto a different boat so as not to fight with Ronald while on the journey so Harry and Ron were left with two boys of their age.
"Hello. I'm Seamus Finnegan; me friend here is Dean Thomas." One of the boys introduced.
"I'm Ron Weasley." Ron answered.
"Pleasure to meet you." Harry added. "I'm Harry Potter."
"Good to meet you guys, too." Dean Thomas, the other boy who had not spoken, replied.

And so the journey went on and they finally reached Hogwarts, they were told about Hogwarts and the Sorting Hat broke into song:
"loyal and patient hufflepuffs, the fairest in play and kindness at heart. Brave Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart; determined and chivalrous to get through it all. Wise Ravenclaw, their intelligence and wit will get them through. Finally, the ambitious slytherin; house of the snake, only the most cunning and self-preserved will prove themselves here!"
("pretty much every wizard that's gone bad has been in Slytherin" Ron added.)

"Anyways, I shall put this sorting hat onto your head and you will be sorted into your house." McGonagall explained.
"Abott, Hannah!"
"Hufflepuff!"
"Bones, Susan!"
"Hufflepuff!"
"Crabbe, Vincent!"
"Slytherin!"
"Davis, Tracey!"
"Slytherin!"
"Finch-Fletchley, Justin!"
"Hufflepuff!"
"Finnegan, Seamus!"
"Gryffindor!"
"Goyle, Gregory!"
"Slytherin!"
"Granger, Hermione!" The sorting hat paused for near to five minutes at most and at least four minutes before calling out:
"Gryffindor!"
"Longbottom, Neville!" Again, the sorting hat paused.
"Gryffindor!"
"Malfoy, Draco!"
"Slytherin!"
"Nott, Theodore!"
"Slytherin!"
"Parkinson, Pansy!"
"Slytherin!"
"Potter, Harry!" Harry walked over to the stool where the hat was placed upon his head.

Hmm... interesting...
'What is?' Harry thought.
The only Potter this generation and the tradition may break this year...
'How come? What tradition?' Harry asked.
The tradition of The Sorting Of Gryffindor. All generations of Potters before you have been in Gryffindor but, your mind is ready for the snake house. Yess... such cunning and ambition
'Not Slytherin! Please, not Slytherin!' Harry thought, determined not be in Slytherin
Why not? You have a thirst to prove yourself and Slytherin will do you justice
'I don't want to be there... like you said, my whole family are Gryffindors and my parents,(mainly my father) godfather, and my pretty-much godfather along with my god-siblings are all against Gryffindor!' Harry replied to the hat, 'hey, being determined to be in a certain house is Gryffindor, right?'
Well then... you do have a reckless nature so let's put you with others like you in...
"Gryffindor!" Soon, McGonagall continued calling the names.
"Weasley, Ron!"
"Gryffindor!"
"Zabini, Blaise!"
"Slytherin!"

"Good job, Ron!" A red-head, who looked similar to Ron, exclaimed to Ron once he was sorted.
"I mean, obviously he was going to be sorted. He got his letter so they were going to sort him, weren't they?" Harry questioned, using his mother's logic. He had inherited many traits from his father but his trait was from Lily and also from having Remus/moony as his uncle.
"I was congratulating him on being in Gryffindor..." the boy, who Harry recognised as a prefect, replied.
"So you wouldn't have congratulated him had he been in any other equally noble house? Aren't prefects supposed to promote house unity?" Harry asked. "Should I tell Dumbledore he should try harder to get people to promote the house unity?" The boy looked dumbstruck.
"Anyways, I'm Percy Weasley, the Gryffindor prefect." The boy introduced himself, not knowing how to respond.
"I'm Harry Potter. Good to meet you, older brother of Ron." Harry told him.
"He's not just my older brother, Harry. Also, how did you render him speechless like that? I couldn't have thought of that? Are you a bookworm, too!?!" Ron asked, horrified.
"No... I just inherited my mother's logic, I'm pretty dumb, if I'm being honest." Harry admitted. It was at this moment he got a flashback. These were pretty common but usually only when around the person it was about.