Chapter 18; Almost A Year Later...

Almost a year later... we're still mourning. It's the last week of fourth year. Blaise, Theo and Tracey have finished OWLs. Jason still hasn't been found, doubling Tracey's worry. We all think he's dead, well apart from Tracey. She thinks he's just disappeared or something along those lines. We don't have the heart to tell her he's gone. We all knew she thought of him as a little brother. By this time, I don't know where I'm going for the summer. My uncle Sirius offered to let me stay with him but I haven't replied due to not wanting to bother them after they've just lost Abigail and also Jason. I'm thinking of staying with Theo or something but I don't know, really.
"Hey Black, Nott is waiting for you outside." The dreamy voice of Luna Lovegood informed me. I raised my eyebrows but decided not to question it seeing as I was grateful to have his company. Ever since Abigail's... passing... we had grown closer. We often studied together but it was hard without hearing Abigail making a witty remark towards Jason, Blaise, Tracey, Theodore and I occasionally. I put on my black robe over my T-Shirt and shorts before leaving through the portrait whole to see a smiling Theo. I smiled sadly back at him. Usually, Abigail would have been the one to come up and tell me to go to breakfast or something. I shook the memory out of my head. Out of our group, Theo had probably dealt with it the best but he still felt guilt for it. Blaise was guilty and was really close to her so he's pretty much distant. Tracey is worrying herself over Jason as well as this and, seeing as she's pretty much taking this a different way and we've all separated, she's begun to hang out with Daphne Greengrass from her year. I'm pretty sure that Ron Weasley keeps trying to help Potter And Granger Since they'd been pretty close to her and, while Hermione really only joined in for study sessions in the library, Harry was her god brother and he still felt guilty for treating her 'badly' in first year, I don't understand what he means but... yeah.

Honestly, I feel bad for wishing Abigail was the one there instead of Theo but, she was my cousin so, that's normal? While I know it is normal because of how Abigail's dead, my conscious tells me it's wrong. Either way, we're closer then before and... honestly, people always mistake us for being a couple. Anyways, I've gone off topic. I saw him and hugged him, as I usually did when I saw him, before we went outside to the lake to practice Defence Against the Dark Arts.
"Urgh!" I raged.
"What is it?" Theo asked.
"I can't get the spell right..." I muttered, embarrassed.
"What spell?" He asked.
"Stupefy." I muttered. He smirked before demonstrating. I tried it again.
"You're doing the wrong wrist movement," he informed me. He put his hand around my wrist. I went slightly pink at this while warmth spread through my hands. The day wasn't even cold in the first place so I don't get why it felt so warming to me. He led my hand through the correct movement of couple of times before letting me do it myself. I frowned to myself as the warmth disappeared but the sun at least decided to kill me so I just mentally stuck my tongue out at the sun. I tried again and succeeded. I punched the air in victory. I saw him smiling at me,
"Why don't we actually have some fun instead of studying?"
"Sure!" I told him. We then began hanging out freely. We had forgotten about the depression of Abigail being gone. The chance of Jason dying. Just free kids.

"C'mon... please?" I pleaded. "I literally did a waterproof charm on your clothes!"
"Just because you did, doesn't mean I'll swim." Theo protested. I huffed. He looked away, pouting. I pulled his leg into the water. He fell into it.
"Oh hell no!" He exclaimed, cheerful yet competitively. We began splashing around and my hair was all over my face and soaked. We began laughing freely and we finally had no negative emotions left in us. The life of a teenager that just lost a best friend was difficult but, we were happy this time. Even with the waterproof charm, it was difficult to move around in the water, so I took off my robe. Luckily, I was wearing a tank top and shorts so I could easily move around. Theo then did the same except he was wearing shorts and was now shirtless. We both continued our water-fight. We had no worries except... when one occurrence came.
"Can you stop splashing me?" I offered, knowing it wouldn't work. He just looked at me. I expected a lot of splashing but... none came. I raised my eyebrows. He shook his head as if coming out of a trance,
"H-how did you...?"
"How did I what? Are you trying to distract me?" I questioned, suspiciously. I began moving towards him in the water.
"You just... told me not to splash you and I somehow couldn't actually splash you. My body just completely replied to you. It was like... being in a trance?" He explained, concern in his tone. He was obviously trying to hide how he was shocked yet I noticed, being the observant person I was.
"Hey, do you think this has anything to do with what happened to-" I was interrupted by Abigail's voice speaking. H-how...? I looked at Theo but he was just gaping to behind me. I looked and saw an imagine of Abigail.
"Uhh... hey?" She greeted. She was wearing a bright orange shirt and smiling at us. She was also wearing a Jean jacket with short shorts and long pastel blue tights under her shorts. Her black and white trainers were the only item of clothing that I recognised. Her silver eyes shimmered in the light while her dark black hair was tied up, with some left out to frame her light skin. She looked cheerful and I was so happy that I didn't even realise she could have been a death-eater.
"Who the hell are you and why are you pretending to be Abigail!?!" Theo questioned. "She hardly ever wears things like that and what is 'Camp Half-Blood'!?!"
"Long story. But seriously, if you don't believe I'm Abigail here's something: Okami." She stated. He gasped and grinned,
"What does oka-my or whatever have to do with anything?" I questioned.
"Basically, remember how we both figured out a secret of the other?" I nodded. "When I found out, I just whiserped: 'okami' and that was how I told her I knew."
"Yup! I'm surprised you never told Tracey or even Eli by now!" Abigail exclaimed, her hair flowing with wind.

"But how did you come back?" I asked.
"Meet me at the astronomy tower. Get Tracey and Blaise to come, too. Alone." She instructed. I nodded, I got out of the water, helping Theo out as well; I cast a drying charm on the two of us and rushed to the Slytherin common room.
"Uhh... what's your password?" I asked.
"Basilisk." He stated. The portrait opened. "I can't get Tracey becauseshe's in the girls dormitories so I'll just get Blaise. Each door will have a label with all of the students in it. Find the one with Tracey while I go get Blaise." He instructed. I nodded before going up the girls' dormitories. I knocked on Tracey's door.
"Trace?" I called. I heard footsteps nearing and she opened the door. I hadn't seen her for ages and I just realised how awful she looked. The bags under her eyes were ink black and she looked horrible. No offence, Davis.
"What do you need, Eli?" She asked.
"Basically, somehow... Abigail has come back and she's alive. She needs us to meet her in the astronomy tower. Don't worry, we did an ID check." I whispered, knowing this needed to be kept secret. She perked up, got dressed out of her pyjamas and ran out. I followed after her. I looked to see that Theo wasn't there yet.
"Should we wait for Theo and Blaise or...?" I asked.
"Blaise needs telling as soon as possible. Malfoy's awful at comforting, he hasn't been able to help. It hit Blaise the hardest since he's hung out with her most and... he still thinks it was his fault for not doing anything." Tracey replied. I ran up to the dormitories to see the room which had Blaise; Theo; Malfoy; Crabbe and Goyle. I knocked. Theo opened the door,
"Hey Eli..." he greeted, solemnly.
"Can I just see Blaise? He needs to see her the most." I stated. Theo let me in. "Hey Blaise..."
"What...?" He asked. I whispered what had happened (Uhh... just the part about Abigail finding Theo and I; not the swimming, hypnotising and other parts, of course.) to him and his face lit up like a highlighter.
"You should probably get changed and meet Theo, Trace and I in the commons." I told him.
"How about the fact that you're a ravenclaw in our commons?" He questioned, teasingly. I playfully slapped him across the face.
"That's the Blaise I know and hate." I exclaimed. Blaise and Theo laughed. Theo and I then went to wait at the commons.
"Do you hate me?" Theo asked. It sounded as if he was teasing me for my earlier statement.
"Not hate, More like... tolerate." I replied, my voice serious. He smiled. Blaise then came down. What's up with people taking so little time to change now when normally they'd take 2 hours to get ready in time *ahem* Theo *ahem*.

We got to the astronomy tower to hear two voices talking.
"We came here for a quest. We need to go finish it. We've got a deadline, Y'know?" A voice stated.
"I know! But I only chose you so that I could go get my cousin! Her mother is- I actually don't know..." Abigail's voice retorted.
"Fine, Black, But if we don't finish this quest, I'm going to send you to Tartarus." The other voice threatened. Our footsteps echoed as we came into the astronomy tower.
"OH MY GOD! ABIGAIL!" Tracey exclaimed, running up to hug her. Of course, Blaise, Theo and I followed.
"So introverted yet she has energetic friends." The person mumbled. I recognised him as the one who had made us shadows to get to the forest of which Abigail died in.
"So... how are you back, then?" Tracey asked.
"Here... I'll tell you." Abigail started.