Chapter 11; Tracey, Abigail!

Abigail Black's Point Of View

"W-what?" I breathed.
"I just told you. It doesn't matter what house you're in, you'll always be the kind, sweet and intelligent girl I've always known. Slytherin doesn't make you evil, just ambitious and cunning. If anything, I'm just shocked at how I didn't realise!" Jason exclaimed. I giggled lightly at his assumption.
"Things didn't turn out so bad, now did they?" Zabini playfully sneered from behind me. I jumped slightly at this before laughing.
"Is this how you come of 'harassing' me, as Draco put it?" I asked, playfully. Jason laughed.
"Yes, yes it is. He could at least put it in a more pleasant way, though I guess that's too much to ask of an acquaintance of Parkinson." Blaise Zabini told me. I chuckled.
"Abby, who is this?" Jason asked.
"Oh right. Jace, meet Blaise Zabini, he knows Harry. Zabini, meet Jason Lupin, my god-brother." I introduced "and I sound like a goddamn extrovert introducing people! Yay." I exclaimed sarcastically.

"Wow, Black, that's an insult to extrovert kind." Zabini told me, mock-offended.
"What? Are you one of them? Do you need to cry on someone's shoulder, 'cause if you do I'm off limits. You're welcome to try with Jason, though." I teased. Jason laughed at this sentiment while Zabini just looked at me.
"Why aren't you in Ravenclaw?" He asked. I looked at him, sternly, with a piercing gaze. He backed away and put his hands up in surrender.
"She didn't say any sort of facts so... I'm confused." Jason admitted. I chuckled.
"You precious, smol bean..." I whispered. Zabini laughed.
"Another trait of Ravenclaw is wit and that sentence just made him question her house. I mean, she seems like the least Slytherin person I know!" Harry exclaimed from behind me. I turned on my heels to see him.
"Then maybe you don't know me well enough. You've always just seen me as a person to prank and annoy or someone who reads all the time! You don't take the time to appreciate how much I actually do for you or what my true personality traits are!" I almost yelled. It was a good thing that everybody was making their own noise while waiting to be told to follow the prefects to the common rooms otherwise it would have caused a scene. Harry stared at me.

"Maybe if you actually took the time to hang out with Jason and I, I would realise!" Harry retorted.
"Me? Not taking the time to hang out with you guys? I constantly am the one to help you whenever something happens between either you or Jason! You can't say I don't hang out with you!" I told him.
"Harry, you might not have seen her true Slytherin because of all of the times you've been told it was evil and she constantly tries to hide it around other people since there is so much hate on the house. I'm the only one who noticed since I'm not as oblivious as you are!" Jason defended. I looked at him in adoration.
"Jason, it's fine... you don't need to..." I whispered.
"But I want to... you're a good person, Slytherin or not; plus, how many times have you tickled me just because I was too stubborn to give Harry his cookie back?" Jason reiterated. I smiled sadly at him, before seeing Harry turn away, but not before glancing sadly back at me. I saw a hint of remorse in his eyes, just making me feel bad for yelling at him like that.

Blaise Zabini's Point Of View

"Jeez... you ok, Black?" I asked, shocked at all that had gone on.
"Could be better... but I'm fine... By the way, Jason, your prefect is getting all of the students..." Abigail informed him. He saluted before going off with the Hufflepuff prefect.
"Hey, I didn't want to say this in front of Lupin but, who are your mothers?" I asked, curiously. She paled and froze, I saw this look and immediately felt guilty for what I'd said. "I-I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked that!" I took my words back. She just smiled at me!?!
"Hey, it's fine... A few people have asked, even Jason. I... don't really know, if I'm being honest. I haven't really asked at all, I guess..." she mumbled. "Also, you can call me Abigail... you don't need to but... if you're going to harass me, again Draco's words, you should at least call me by my first name." She obviously saw my shocked expression and just beamed. It was strange to see her go from upset to happy at first but then I realised she'd actually seemed truly happy after a bit. It was heartwarming to think I had been hanging out with her and that made her truly happy... Ok, I'm spacing out. I'll stop.

I saw the Slytherin prefect and dragged Bl- Abigail towards them so we could go to the common room. When we got there, she looked around.
"I expected worse from the 'known to be the least comfortable' common room. It actually looks somewhat cool." She whispered.
"What? You think others have actually been in the common room or something? Plus, it's reputation deceives." I told her, winking.
"Blaise, don't tell me you're flirting with this first year!" A blonde friend of mine named Tracey Davis scolded.
"He isn't, he's just telling me how 'reputations of Slytherin common rooms deceive'." Abigail told her, thank god.
"Ok, good, anyways... who are you?" Tracey asked.
"I'm Abigail Black, daughter of Sirius Black." Abigail muttered.
"Wasn't he a Slytherin-hating Gryffindor?" Tracey questioned. I sighed.

"Yes, she's been worried about that since she was sorted, I think." I explained.
"How the hell would you know!?! I'm not that obvious!" Abigail retorted, defensively.
"No, you aren't. I'm just observant. Most people would even think you wanted to be a Slytherin." I assured her. She mumbled something under her breath about how she always had to be the youngest, making me chuckle.
"By the way, do you need me to show you to the girls' dormitories?" Tracey asked, warmly. She winked at Abigail behind my back, showing evident girl-code message. Abigail, getting the hint, winked back and followed her. She gestured for me to follow to see what the differences were. Tracey and Abigail rushed ahead and waited for me at the stairs. Strange. I took a couple steps onto the stairs before being pushed backwards and having the stairs turning into a slide. They both sliced down, cracking up in laughter.
"Tracey, Abigail!" I yelled after the two disappearing girls.