Chapter 17; A Short View

I walked up nervously to a sign saying "Camp Half-Blood'. She went inside, exhausted her determined for answers after the long run. I hastily stopped to begin hyperventilating out of exhaustion. I looked around to see people fencing, some looking questioningly at her, centaurs and more. Lots of people stared. I was walking around when someone near a lake spotted me,
"Wait, How!?! No offence but, how are you alive!?!"
"Oh, Underwood. Hey." I greeted, her voice was solemn yet I was grateful to see him.
"Who's she?" A blonde girl from beside asked, "your girlfriend?"
"Hell no!" I protested.
"Then who?" A boy next to her questioned. He had dark hair with sea green eyes. He was tanned and looked cheerful. I introduced myself.
"Hey... Underwood, I was hoping to find you." I stated, "why did you need to take some of us here? And basically just, what's going on?"
"Oh yeah... basically..." his voice trailed off. "Chiron would be better suited to explain, really."
"Who's that?" I questioned.
"Me." A voice behind replied. I turned to see a... centaur!?!
"So... what's going on, then?" I demanded. He began speaking about Demi-gods, gods and whatnot being real. I basically just had my mouth hanging open for the entire time.

"So... who's my parent?" I questioned. Just then, two torches appeared over my head. "The frick!" I jumped.
"Hecate." The blonde girl stated. I raised my eyebrows. "Goddess of magic, witchcraft, ghosts, the mist ect."
"Did... my father know?" I asked.
"Probably. Most gods say and the reason they leave is because they can't be there." The blonde girl, who I later found out was Annabeth, explained.