Chapter 5; Patronus Charm

This is a part of the summer but I'm still writing it as a seperate chapter because... why not? I know it might seem like Abigail is too smart but this will be important later on. Thanks for reading!

"Are you sure you're ready for doing the Patronus charm and you don't want to practice anything more simple first?" Remus asked.
"Yes, I'm sure. I'd want to protect myself against dementors and I feel like it's an important thing to learn, considering how they act like a creature and a Patronus can teach you a lot about the person. Plus, it would be a good skill to have." I told him, determined to learn the charm
"Ok then, first say the incantation. I'm sure you know it." Remus told her. I nodded.
"Expecto Patronum." I incanted.
"The wand movement is a light swish of your wand." Remus told me. I copied his wand movement. "Ok, now try. Expecto patronum." A beautiful white wisp of a wolf emerged from his wand as he showed me the charm example, I looked at it in awe before returning to my steady expression.

"Expecto Patronum." I incanted, a few white sparks emerged but nothing much.
"You can't do the charm without your happiest memory. Find a picture or image of it and then imagine the memory was currently happening. It'll be like the light and happiness was creating the wisp." Remus informed me. I nodded and then looked through all of my memories for the one with the most cheerful energy. I attempted the charm again, a brighter wisp of energy came out but nothing. I kept on trying multiple times and soon it had been 5 hours. I was tired but I was always determined to carry in whenever Remus/ Moony asked if I was sure to carry on
"What memory are you thinking of?" Remus asked.
"U-uhh... When I had done accidental magic. I was happier when Jason or Harry had but I thought that it wouldn't really work unless the happiness was kind of because of my own happiness, not because someone else was happy..." I admitted.
"That wouldn't work. The accidental magic may have been powerful but you need a happier thought..." Remus told me. I thought for longer and found my happier thought and tried it again.

"Expecto Patronum," I whispered softly. A small owl with a flame-like trail burst out of my wand. It began flying around me, creating a red, fire-like trail behind itself. I recognised it as a female small owl. The wings were a snowy red and the colours were all so pastel it was almost white. The eyes were distinctive from the rest, being a flame-like colour. With a mixed orange, red and yellow creating a fire. It shone bright like the sun and the trail was the same. It was like it had a flame eyes and trail.
"What type of bird is that, Uncle Moony?" I asked. I was confused from how it was flame-like. It would have been a small, snow owl had it not been for the flames. The flames reminded me of a fire or a Phoenix's flames.
"I don't know. I thought it would be a small owl or a pheonix. Either one; I think it may be a mix..." Remus told me. I nodded. I smiled and thanked him for the help, my eyes were heavy so I went down to bed. He waved goodbye to me and I went to sleep. I went to bed, smiling about how I'd finally perfected the Patronus charm.