Chapter 7: An Unsuspected Presence

Sirius quickly whispered something to Abigail and she nodded solemnly before hugging him and walking over to the departed Harry and Jason.
"Off to Hogwarts, finally!" Jason exclaimed. Abigail giggled while Harry smiled genuinely at Jason.
"Calm down, Jace. I get that you're happy but it's still a long time until we're actually there. The train is so long, y'know." Harry explained. Abigail shrugged while Jason just left his smile plastered on his face.
"Harry!" An overexcited Hermione Granger rushed up to Harry. She hugged him for a few seconds before letting go.
"Hey Hermione." Harry greeted, smiling.
"Harry, is this the girl you told me I'd probably get along with?" Abigail questioned.
"I'll go on with introductions later but, yes." Harry explained.
"Abby, can you promise me something?" Jason asked. Abigail looked at him confused.
"Depends what." Abigail replied.
"Can you promise not to show off for the whole journey? Please?" Jason pleaded. Abigail chuckled.
"Of course. I only did it to annoy you." Abigail confessed. Harry and Jason both have her identical glares. "Calm down, Lupin. Your metamorphmagus abilities are turning your hair red."
"Meta- what?" Ron questioned as he walked over to Harry.
"Metamorphmagus. It's a witch or wizard capable of changing their appearance at will." Abigail explained.
"Even Hermione didn't know that." Harry added, bluntly.
"H-hey! I'm not that intelligent, you know!" Hermione defended.
"Don't worry, Harry likes teasing people smarter then him because he's stupid." Abigail assured her.

"I'm not stupid! I know long words like... vocation, Pansexual, metamorphmagus and lemonade!" Harry exclaimed.
"You only know them because Abby had to explain them to you one time or another." Jason laughed.
"Other then lemonade, I'll give you that." Abigail added.
"I don't know the meaning of any..." Ron admitted.
"Same for me," Jason confessed. Abigail facepalmed.
"These imbeciles." Hermione and Abigail mumbled in unison. They looked at eachother.
"I think we might get along, uhhh... what's your name?" Hermione asked.
"Abigail Black. You?" Abigail replied.
"Hermione Granger, just a question. What do you think of studying?" Hermione questioned.
"What do you think? I absolutely love it. It's basically all I do apart from scolding Mr. Lupin and Mr. Potter." Abigail responded. Hermione smiled at her and she returned the smile.

"No kidding." Jason mumbled, sarcastically.
"Well, we should probably go onto the express before we're late." Ron told them. Everyone nodded before they went onto their usual compartment. Similarly to Harry, Jason and Abigail stopped for a few moments to glance at the carved writing on the compartment door. Abigail traced her hand over it before sitting down.
"What's up with you three tracing the names of those people?" Hermione asked.
"They're the names of our parents, adding on their old... friend." Abigail scowled at the word. Harry and Jason looked st her confused. "It's nothing..."
"Doesn't sounds like nothing." Harry added, bluntly.
"It's none of your business, you imbecile!" Abigail burst out. She covered her mouth quickly.
"Abby, calm down!" Jason reached over to rest his hand on her shoulder. She looked at him and calmed down.

"Sorry, Harry. It's just my anger issues. Sensitive topic, to say the least." Abigail apologised.
"You have anger issues? And I thought you were calm..." Harry exclaimed. Abigail glared at him, her eyes piercing like daggers. "Ch-chill, Abby." Abigail sighed before looking out the window. Hermione, who was sitting in front of her, looked at her concerned. Next to her was Harry who whispered to Hermione that Abigail was more so of a loner and that she'd usually be quiet unless him and Jason were fighting. She nodded. Jason and Ron were speaking to each other, seeing as they were both on the ends at the door.
"First Abigail and Hermione instantly get along, now Jason and Ron. Will I be, like, a fifth wheel or something?" Harry mumbled to himself.
"Hey Potter." Malfoy appeared at their door.
"Oh dear, it's lord Malfoy!" Harry exclaimed. "Sorry for being unable to bow, I don't have any space."
"Oh dear me, I'm going to have to lock you up in Askaban." Malfoy bluntly joked. He seemed as if he had no sort of humour or care towards Harry's snide remark. "Anyways, Blaise was pestering me to at least ask to sit in your compartment, seeing as every single other one is full."

Ron moved over to sit at the opposite door, making Jason face Harry and Malfoy forced to sit next to him. Harry nodded quickly and Malfoy sat down on the side closest to the door next to Harry.
"Well, at least your not a fifth wheel anymore or anything. You were complaining just now." Jason pointed out.
"But what if lord Malfoy locks me out of Askaban to have my soul sucked out by the dementors?" Harry exclaimed, jokingly.
"I'd cast a Patronus charm and get you out of there. You really think I'd let you get your happiness sucked out?" Abigail added, not even glancing in his direction.
"Yes. She does know the Patronus charm. She's been pestering me and Harry about it the whole summer. Only as revenge for ruining her books." Jason admitted to the gaping Malfoy.
"You ruined her books!?!" Hermione almost shrieked in shock.
"Yes. Yes, we did." Harry replied coarsely.
"I can't believe it!" Hermione scolded.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. What are you, my mum?" Harry mumbled.

"You and Ronald are practically brothers so, yes." Hermione started.
"So I would be your god-daughter and Jason your godson." Abigail giggled.
"Well... uh... I don't even know. This is weird." Hermione laughed.
"Hey uhh... Blonde boy, you alright? You've been staring into space the whole time." Jason asked, concerned. Abigail mumbled something along the lines of "my god brother is a definite Hufflepuff. I'm proud."
"I have a name, y'know. Plus, I'm fine." Malfoy replied, his natural sneer gone from his now soft tone.
"Then what's your name?" Jason asked.
"Draco Malfoy..." Malfoy mumbled. Harry, Ron and Hermione all just stared at this is shock while Abigail turned from the window, grinning.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Jason Lupin." Jason exclaimed, cheerfully.
"Harry, you owe me 10 galleons now." Abigail insisted, grinning.
"What?" Draco Malfoy questioned.
"I bet him that Jason would become friends with either you or the other guy from the station before any other first years. There was also another bet but... we'll have to wait until the sorting." Abigail explained.
"You should take Divination, Abby." Jason told her. She rolled her eyes.
"I'm not a seer, Jace. I just know things... wait, who's that?"Abigail's eyes narrowed as she gestured towards the door.
"What's what?" Ron asked, being one of the closest to the door. Nobody saw anything, while Abigail began hyperventilating