Chapter 15; Ambrosia and Half-Bloods

Fourth year. The year of which we were all looking forward to... well, we shouldn't have. You may be thinking, who am I? Well, I'm Eliza Black. My best friends are Abigail Black (my cousin), Blaise Zabini, Tracey Davis, Jason Lupin and finally Theodore Nott. I'm transgender and, ever since my grandmother found out, I've been living with Abigail yet sometimes even staying and Theo's for the holidays like Christmas whereas during the summer, I'm always with Abigail. We all met even before Hogwarts started on second year...

"Why does it even matter!?!" I yelled.
"Please, Liza..." my dad pleaded. "It's your grandmother. You're a black."
"I don't give a damn what grandma thinks! I also don't give a frick about how I'm a black!" I retorted, "why can't I be who 8 am!?!"
"Honey..." he whispered.
"No, I know how you have always just- thank god the train is here." I walked away but some 5 people just had to trip into me. One of them, that was next to the one had tripped into me, handed me the books that I'd dropped.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" The one who had actually tripped into me apologised. He was a third year, I think. He was wearing a snake T-Shirt and usually had a calm expression on his face. I think it was Theodore Nott.
"I-It's fine..." I muttered, grudgingly. I took my books and walked, quite angrily, into the train. I at in the only leftover compartment without people. So far, I might have seemed quite angry but it was just me being moody. I'm not bipolar, seriously. Then a though struck me and it was answered by a knock. I muttered under my breath to see three people there. The one that had given me the books wasn't there along with the only other who looked my age.
"What do you guys want?" I asked.
"Is it alright if we sit here?" The only girl, of whom was blonde, asked. "Abigail and Jason took the only other seats in their god-brother's compartment and so..." her voice trailed off.
"Sure?" I answered. "Just come in." I went over to the window seat and sat there.
"Hey, are you in Abigail's year?" The only one who hadn't spoken asked.
"Yeah, except the only reason I know of her is because of her god-brother or whatever." I mumbled.
"What's your name?" The blonde girl asked.
"What are yours?" I asked.
"I'm Tracey Davis. The dude who is wearing snake clothes is Theodore Nott. And the guy who was obviously thinking about Abigail is Blaise Zabini." The blonde introduced. She raised her eyebrows to tell me to answer now.
"Eliza Black." I replied, shortly. Zabini's mouth was open, as if he wanted to catch flies. Davis was just shocked while Nott was calm, like how people should be. I get my father's Regulus but really!?!

They must've seen my confused expression because Nott decided to elaborate,
"A friend of ours is Abigail Black and, while she did say she had a cousin, we didn't expect to meet you and we kind of forgot. Sorry if it's weird to you."
"Oh." I breathed, "but isn't Abigail a Slytherin?" I questioned, "Sirius Black is completely against that house..." I mused.
"Well, she's a rebel, really. Plus, her father's accepting. He doesn't want to be like how his mother was to him because of the house she was in." Zabini explained. I silently went into my bag to get a book. Ancient Greek Mythology.
"What language is that?" Davis asked, curiously.
"Ancient Greek. I have dyslexia but somehow I can read Greek so I cast charms on my books so that I can read them." I explained. She made an 'o' out of her mouth. I began reading. Gods... monsters... demigods... asphodel... underworld... ghosts... glossary... At least being ADHD means that I can read things like this without getting bored. Especially the parts on monsters. Damn, I sound emo right now. Finally, we reached Hogwarts. I just happened to have to sit next to them on the carriages. I was actually slightly annoyed with this since I'd always preferred being alone and everyone apart from Abigail Black And Nott seemed like extroverts, really. Little did I know, this was a start to a new friendship.

"Hey! Uhh... Black!" A female voice called after me. I turned rapidly to see Abigail Black. Must be weird calling someone by their own last name.
"What do you want?" I questioned. Yeah, I was rude. So what? Ok, I'm kidding.
"Well, I was wondering... My god brother, Jason, and I overheard you and your father..." my face fell. "I'm just wondering if you're alright?"
"It's fine... he just won't really accept me for being queer. I'm pansexual and also a tomboy along with a lot of other things and so he and his mother don't really accept it. Want me to be the perfect daughter and all..." I confessed. I realised I'd said it and scowled at myself. Her expression softened, if that was possible. So, she isn't homophobic or anything? A boy came in. He looked around my age except shorter. I recognised him as Jason Lupin from Hufflepuff. He actually helped along with Abigail and that was what kind of started me hanging out with them.

"Hey Abigail, I've got a question..." I mumbled. Abigail raised her eyebrows to urge me to continue, and so I did 'Cause I'm nice. "You barely knew me when you and Jason asked me to stay at your place... why did you?" I asked my eyes on the black lake.
"Well..." her answer was cut short by someone screaming. I looked around to see Tracey pointing her wand at... some creature. Next to her was a fifth year named Grover Underwood. He was a friend of Blaise from Hufflepuff. The screaming had been Underwood.
"Wands don't work on them!" He yelled, gesturing to the winged creature with claws.
"Then what does!?!" Tracey screeched.
"S-swords!" He exclaimed, fearfully. Abigail transfigured some rocks into fencing swords. She threw them to everyone. I caught one and began fencing. I looked over to Jason, expecting him to be scared. He wasn't. He was fighting like crazy. I smirked before continuing myself. The creature, of which looked like a fury from the descriptions in books, then disappeared as if it was fearful.
"The hell is going on!?!" Abigail demanded to Underwood.
"I'll explain later!" He breathed, "but we need to leave. NOW!" He gestured for us to follow as he began running. "You know what!?! Screw this!" He muttered. He cast a spell to take off his trousers... the heck! He had goat legs! Wait, goat legs... human body... Satyr? But, these are myths! He then continued running before finding a fountain. He popped a gold coin into it.
"Oh Iris, goddess of rainbows, accept my offering." He spoke, "show me Nico Di Angelo in The Underworld." An image of an emo fourteen year-old appeared.
"What do you need, uhh... what's your name again?" He asked.
"Grover. Anyways, can you please get us to camp half-blood. These people are half-bloods." He suggested. The image disappeared and a shadow appeared. The shadow disappeared to show the boy.
"Are all of them half-bloods?" He asked.
"No. But we need to get everyone ambrosia." Underwood replied, he seemed afraid of the boy but I shook off that feeling. I felt shadows overcome my vision but I could finally see when we reached a forest. The boy fainted. I felt tired but I looked around and saw... a cloaked figure. I squinted. It looked like it was in a death-eater costume.
"That's a death-eater!" I exclaimed. Abigail looked horrified while Jason looked as if he was hiding any emotion. They both had the opposing reactions to what I had expected. Theo looked dangerous, as if he wanted to kill the figure. A bit like my reaction, really. Tracey And Blaise both immediately got their wands. More cloaked figures appeared and a fight commenced.

Spells were flying everywhere. Tracey kept firing spells all around her. I kept carefully dodging and going more physical. Blaise, Abigail and Jason were all fighting together against four death-eaters. Theo was fighting with me except more so with distractions. Nobody could see what was going on.
"Petrificus totalus!" Theo exclaimed, freezing a death-eater. I heard a male scream of agony.
"N-no!!!" I heard Tracey's voice exclaim. I looked and saw a sight that scarred me. Jason's face was dark and murderous, he was repeatedly firing spells at a certain death-eater, the only one that hadn't resorted to apparating away. Blaise was solemn and kneeling down over a body. I could guess why Jason was firing spells at the death-water. Tears escaped my eyes as I made the realisation.

They'd killed Abigail.

Sorry for the chapter being lazy. I just didn't really know what to do for fighting scenes and whatnot. St least I gave you this chapter on the day after the last one!