Chapter 1

This book is horrible, I'm not going to lie and if it's not up to your expectations, remember I warned you. Please, if you find it boring and inconsistent, please know I already know that. If you still want to read it, go ahead and thankyou in advance.

Author's note.

[[Totally not my best work but meh. Please if you do not like, DO NOT comment horrible stuff. Thank you.]

                       F r e y a.

I woke up early to start my work at the diner. My job isn't that simple. Starting from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm or sometimes during night shifts I start from 4.00 pm to 11.00 pm. I know that's just irregular time but I love this job.

Ever since I escaped from the orphanage when I completed high school, I started working here hoping to get enough money to join college. Mrs . Smith being the kind lady she's hired me even though I just completed highschool.

Living in an orphanage where there are a bunch of other kids who all have different characters and behaviors isn't easy at all.

The matron and caretakers all didn't actually care for us. No wonder most of them after escaping from the orphanage ended up being drug addicts and committing other petty crimes.

Everyone learned to fend for themselves because no one was ready to take care of you or your needs. I learnt everything on my own and that life isn't rain and sunshine.

We never got the love we are supposed to get but I guess it's better than living in the streets. I've always wanted a family of my own in future to show them the love I never got but that's the future when I'm stable and my family won't have to starve like how I did.

I dress up in my work uniform and head in early since I got nothing else to do here. Arriving early I prepare myself an early cup of coffee, sipping comfortably before people start to flood in for their early breakfast.

I sit down on one of the chairs as I take my coffee quietly. Suddenly someone puts their hands on my face causing me to choke on my coffee as I instantly place the mug on the table as I instantly start coughing and wheezing, tears already forming in my eyes.

I elbow the person and they grunt and without hesitation I turn around ready to hit the person. I raise my head for a strike but I hold it mid air as I see the person rolling on the floor clutching their stomach.

"That was so funny." States Avery my co worker and best friend as she gets up dusting her clothes still laughing like a maniac.

"Yeah whatever." I mutter rolling my eyes at her as I pick mug and leave her there still laughing her ass off.

I gulp down the remaining coffee as I sit at the counter as Rolando arrives hurriedly saying hi to Avery and I before hurrying to the back to start his cooking duty.

After about twenty minutes people start to flood in and I immediately focus on my job, handing people their meals. This goes on for the rest of the day as I take short breaks.

By the end of the day I'm exhausted and I immediately head home feeling my strength nearly depleted. Saying goodbye to Avery, Mia and Corazon who have the night shift I grab my things as I exit the diner.

After preparing my simple dinner, I eat peacefully since I live alone as I watch TV. After I'm done I take a quick shower and put on my pajamas and jump to bed and almost immediately I'm pulled into the darkness.

*****

Short chapter I know, but this is just the beginning...

Please,

Vote. Comment. Share.😘