Chapter 9

Please check out Redeemed Souls byawinterlights You won't be disappointed.

F r e y a.

"Hey you okay?" the guy asks coming next to me in a matter of seconds. His voice send shivers down my spine and definitely in a good way.

He grabs my hand and starts rubbing my back soothingly, immediately sparks ignite on my skins my wolf purrs in satisfaction.

I gasp and take a step back freeing myself from his grasp.  I nod my head not trusting myself to make a comprehendible sentence.

He smiles at me, a heart throbbing smile and I can't help but return it, my previous situation long forgotten by the hot guy in front of me.

I stare at him expectantly because I'm totally awkward in  this situations. He clears his throat  awkwardly too. Did he feel too the connection between us?

Even my wolf felt it and is obviously enjoying it. Just the sight of him makes her purr like an idiot.

"Um my name is Malcolm. "He says holding out his hand for me to shake it. Is this how it usually goes when? When?

"I'm Freya." I reply grabbing his hand for a firm shake. Immediately the same sparks ignite on my skin and I gasp pulling my hand away from him and he only smiles brightly causing me to stare at him weirdly. Didn't he feel the weird sparks? I guess it's just me.

"I haven't seen you around here are you knew?" I ask awkwardly trying to make an ordinary conversation.

"Yeah me and my pa- I mean friends we're just passing through." he statess with a smile on his lips. Why did that make me abit sad. Weird. This whole day has been weird.

"Oh okay then see you around Malcolm.  I still have duties to perform here." I state with a small smile already turning around to walk away.

"Wait." he yells slightly, grabbing my wrist causing the sparks to arise once again on my skin. I turn around trying my hardest to ignore my purring wolf.  He stares at our hands a small smile tugging at his lips.

"Can I get your number please. " he asks his eyes glimming  hopefully as he stares at me.  If it were any other case I'd have given a snarky remark to the guy and he'd leave there embarrassed for good but today my wolf even agreed with me.

"Sure." I almost squeal  before grabbing my phone from my back pocket and giving him my number. He gives me a million dollar smile which makes my heart flutter.

"Bye Freya." He whispers with a smile and I stare down feeling my wolf trying to take control after he said my name.

"Bye Malcolm." I reply back and his eyes widen as his eyes turn dark. I gasp and stare at him but he quickly turns around walking away.

I stare at him and a goofy smile appears on my face. I continue staring as they all get out of the diner and I sigh happily not knowing why.

I head to their table, to collect the trash.  I grab all the stuff but notice the bill on the table and my eyes widen. They left all that?! I gasp staring at the large amount of money.

I shove it on my pocket and  continue with my chores still smiling goofily. The thought of Malcolm brings a smile to my face even though I hardly know him. Okay I'm weird!

It feels like it's just how its meant to be, it's like it's him and I Cheesy, I know but I can't help the feeling anyway.  Even my wolf agrees to it and is kind of sad that he left us.

That makes me recall what she said before, what the hell is a mate? This is so confusing.

I complete my duty early and I was ready to head out when I suddenly hear slow footsteps behind me giving me a deep sense of deja vu. I turn around and smile smugly at a wide eyed Avery who was trying to sneak up on me, again. Does she ever take anything in her life serious?

"What the hell Freya? When did you become more attentive to your surrounding, I can't scare you anymore." She states pouting like a kid causing me to roll my eyes but still smile at her anyway.

"So tell me what happened with those super HOT guys! Did you get their number?! Please tell me you actually broke out with of your shell and actually lived for once! " She squeals at me and I wince at how loud she sounds.

"Actually one of them asked me for my number. " I whisper feeling heat crawl up my cheeks and almost immediately the high squeal of Avery resonate through the now empty diner causing me to wince again.

"Please tell me you gave him and didn't actually rudely turn him down embarrasing him. " she asks hopefully and I nod my head and she squeals again, loudly if I might add.

"Aww my baby is all grown up. "She coes wiping an imaginary tear causing me to roll my eyes again at her drama. I wonder why Wisdom loves her. She is so dramatic.

"But really  Freya, please don't blow this up and push the guy away just like what you usually do. Just give yourself a chance to  be happy for once in your life. " Avery says with a serious tone causing me to nod my head. Why is she taking this so seriously? It's not like I'm getting married or something but I guess there's no harm in it anyway.

I've always concentrated so much on achieving my goals and being the best and joining college that I've actually forgotten how to live.

In highschool I wasn't a freak or anything close to that but I loved  keeping everything to myself. I didn't have any friends since I still lived at the orphanage.  We were not so much associated with the other kids, or maybe it s just me and how I felt.

I always felt out and not needed, most of the kids escaped during highschool and others even younger and no one actually  bothered to search for them after all it was an extra space for someone new or just enough money for the orphanage to keep.

I always wondered how I ended up in the orphanage. Was I among those kids whose parents didn't love or was I just a result of some one night stand and my mom decided to dump me. It's not worth remembering anymore since I'm now here and I love how my life is now.

But I guess I should consider what Avery said and actually let my self be happy and nor think about it. Let myself fall in love for once. I'm not getting any younger anyway.

I guess why I hated dating in highschool was just how that never actually lasted and at the end I would end with a broken heart and all the highschool drama didn't actually sit well with me.

But today for once I'm following my crazy best friend idea of dating and maybe I'll actually enjoy it. It's just a freaking phone number though and it may not actually work out. Those things never do! It's not like I want to date him or anything but I can't help but think it though and I can't stop and I really have no clue why.

******

Editing!❤️

I didn't think I was going to update any day soon but I have...

Not gonna lie but I think the interaction between Freya and Malcolm was totally lame.  I didn't capture the moment well, because I really don't know what that  to say during those situations.

Anyway

Please

Vote

Comment

Share

😘😘