Chapter 28

F r e y a.

Brittany did not stop talking. Last time she wasn't this...loud. She kept speaking about random stuff. My mind couldn't focus on her though. My mind kept drifting to my best friend whose state I don't know. Avery is like a sister to me and just the thought of never seeing her hurts me more than anything.

My wolf who had been silent the whole time finally whimpers too. From the moment she came into my life, she loved Avery too and this makes her sad too. Avery has always been there for me.

I met her when I escaped from the orphanage. We immediately clicked and up until now we are still friends. No. We are not even friends. We are family. She is the only family I have and this saddens me so much.

"Hey Freya! Are you even listening to me?" Brittany mutters snapping her fingers on my dazed look. I look up at her and her eyes widen before they morph into concern. I stare at her in confusion. Placing my palm on my cheek, I realize it's wet. I am crying.

"What's wrong, Freya? Am I boring you? I'm so sorry. I know I can be so...talkative but I didn't mean to make you cry." She says guilt obvious in her eyes and I let out a chuckle which confuses her. This cracks me up again.

"It's not you, Brittany. I just miss my best friend." At that my lip quiver. I guess it hadn't really dawned on me that she was kidnapped. She is my family.

"I'm so sorry, Freya. I know you feel terrible and all but I know Malcolm is going to do everything he can to get her back. Believe me he will. He cares for you so much to let anything happen to your best friend." She assures me placing her hand on my shoulder, her eyes glistening too.

Sighing, I let out a short chuckle at how ridiculous I must look. Here I am crying in front of her like a total idiot.

"I'm so sorry. I know you must be thinking how dumb I look right now." I state rubbing my currently red eyes.

"No, on the contrary, I think tears shows how strong you are and how you can hold on even when it's actually hard." She says her eyes so sincere that I instantly believe her.

"Come on, let's go! Is there a garden?" I ask looping our hands together once again. She smiles widely, nodding her head wildly like a small child. There look on her face cracks me up.

"You should definitely see it! It's so beautiful!" She sighs as she speed walks towards where I think is the garden, pulling me along with her.

"Slow down!" I scream at her and she doesn't even slow down. Minutes later, we get there and I was in awe. Beautiful couldn't even describe it. I think I just fell in love. Different flowers littered the garden creating a peaceful and angelic environment. A bench was situated somewhere in there and the light of the moon made it even more beautiful.

"Wow." I find myself muttering in utter awe. A chuckle escapes Brittany's lips before she explains.

"My mom loves flowers and when they met wih dad and learnt her love for flowers, he built this place. Mom was so happy that she cried for half an hour." A chuckle leaves her lips, her eyes growing distant slightly as if remembering the memory which is impossible. I bet her parents love her, unlike mine who abandoned me in an orphanage.

"I'd like to meet them sometimes." I reply and she smiles at me.

"How about you? I've never really asked you about anything at all. Last time you were here, you were just so lost and so anxious to get home." I let out a breath, my eyes falling to the floor.

"I actually don't know who they are. I've always lived in the orphanage." I let out a sigh and Brittany gasps once again.

"I'm so sorry. Oh my goddess, I keep making you feel bad and I'm so sorry for that." She apologized and I find myself laughing out loud.