Chapter 17

U n k n o w n.

"I don't care!" He snarls in absolute rage eyes trained on the shaky form of his servant.

"I need him, he ruined my life." He snaps as his hand traced the deep scars on his face. One that ran from the left side of his cheek to his right. The other went through his eye making him slightly blind.

The other scar ran from half of his head down through his left cheek down to his neck. He was angry, angry about everything. His life bad been nothing but disaster, life with no peace and constant anger and...pain.

"I'm sorry master," He whispered his eyes trained on the floor shaking in nothing but fear. He walked over to him in nothing but anger. Without warning, he snapped his neck twisting it in an unnatural angle. He scoffed as the lifeless body connected with the floor.

He walked over to the balcony and stared out at the large fields of his pack lands. He reached our and grabbed the reddish liquid that had been stored for centuries before dipping two fingers into it. He brings them to his scar and rub the crimson liquid over it.

Immediately the liquid dissolve erasing the scars as well. Only the cure was always temporary, nothing ever lasted.

He inhaled deeply as he felt the scars disappear. He knew he had waited for so long and now it was time for him to get his gift. His reward. His blood bender to supply him more blood to cure himself, to cure his pain.

"You'll soon be with me my blood bender." He murmured lowly to himself before leaving his balcony as he walked out not forgetting to mind link one of his many servants to take the corpse of his beta out while he appointed a new one.

******

F r e y a.

My eyes snapped open as I stared around the room. A sudden heaviness took it's position in my chest as the memories of the previous night floods my mind. I looked around, noticing I was back on the bed and Malcolm not in sight.

I hurriedly got out of bed, almost falling and hitting my head on the carpet and got into the bathroom taking a very warm shower. Walking over to the walk in closet, I picked out skinny jeans and a white shirt that I have no idea who it belonged to dressing hurriedly before exiting the room.

I walked down the stairs carefully and my mind immediately goes back to what I had encountered in the kitchen. I tiptoed trying not to make any noise in case the same scene would be occurring on the kitchen counter once again. Luck was on my side since the kitchen was empty. I walked over to the pantry picking out orange juice and already made pancakes. Why is this house always empty? It's so gigantic.

I don't think much about it though as my hunger takes better of me and I immediately dig into the delicious meal. This is so good!  I hold in a moan that threatened to leave my lips. Even when I made pancakes, they were never this good. Most of the time, they'd stick together or break and just taste totally awful. 

"Who are you?" A menacing voice halts me from taking another bite of my delicious, sweet meal.

My head immediately snaps towards the direction of the voice. My eyes connects with a girl whose face is scrunched up in nothing but confusion. She looks really pretty, deep blue eyes and curled up blonde hair. A perfect description of a cheerleader. 

"Freya," I mutter both my cheeks full from the amount of food I just stuffed in my mouth. Her face immediately contorts in disgust at what I just did.

I chew hurriedly the remnant of my food before swallowing loudly. Her nose raises slightly as she sniffs the air. Um okay? Her face holds confusion before it turns to realization a smile gracing her lips leaving me in utter confusion.

"I'm Brittany and before you say anything, I know my name describes pretty everything about my looks and no I was not a cheerleader in highschool," She states all at once and before I can control it a smile forms on my lips as I stare at her.

"Nice to meet you Brittany," I reply a smile forming on my lips a small blush coating my cheeks at the embrassing situation I was in a couple of minutes ago.

"Likewise," She mutters walking towards me before talking the sit in front of me. I continue eating the last piece of my pancake on my plate.

"So you're Malcolm's ma-girlfriend?" She questions and I nearly choke on my food. I immediately get into fits of coughs trying to dislodge the small piece of pancake that nearly went to the wrong side.

"What? No!" I shreak after I had composed myself from my near-death experience.

"Hey, I was just asking." She shrugs nonchalantly after nearly choking me with food. I chug down the orange juice quickly not wiling to spit take in case she gives me a reason to.

"Anyway, I heard how you got here. Did that really happen to you?" She questions her face holding something close to sympathy. I hate the emotion. It makes me feel even more weak than I already am.

"Yeah," Is the only wise reply I can offer as I place the now empty glass down.

"I'm so sorry." She whispers her eyes not leaving mine. How many people know what happened to me and why do new people keep popping out of nowhere?

"So are you related to Malcolm?" I inquire not quite really getting how people can come and leave.

"Yeah he is my brother," She says and if I had been drinking anything her face who'd have been sprayed with the drink by now.

"What?!" I gasp out in nothing but disbelieve. They look nothing alike.

"Hard to believe, right? I know. We are nothing alike. Malcolm got his looks from my mom and I got them from my dad." She states smiling at me. Almost immediately my mood plummets as my mind goes back to Malcolm and our little argument.

I think Brittany saw the look for her smile dropped a concerned look going forming on her flawless face.

"What's wrong Freya?" She inquires her eyes softening. How can I talk to her about her own brother. It will feel too awkward and definitely weird. I shake my head before muttering

"Nothing," As I look away from her.

"It's okay you know, if it's something to do with my brother, I promise everything will be between the two of us," She avows softly her eyes on me the whole time.

I sigh before explaining everything again to her. I could feel tears swelling in my eyes but I rapidly blinked them away.

"That son of a bitch!" She suddenly cusses surprising me in the process. I didn't think she could.

"I mean, I don't know why I feel he of all people should understand me. I'm weird I know," I murmur mostly to myself which surprises me when she let's out an animalistic growl as she grasp my shoulder, tightly.

"No Freya, it's not weird. It's actually totally normal. When the time is right everything will be explained but for now let's enjoy the day before I knock some sense into my idiotic brother." She all but growls before interlacing our arms as she drags me out of my sit and drags me to only goddess knows where.

I groan slightly crossing my fingers and hoping she is not one of those girls who thinks that shopping helps everything.

Luck must really love me  because when she says we weren't going shopping, I nearly squealed in sheer joy and I was more than willing to follow her wherever she was heading to and hoping she does manage to cheer me up.

****

Editing!❤️

Sorry for taking soo long to update.. I know I'm doing this again but please check out...

Reedemed Souls by awinterlights. Its a great book!